The Greatest Car I Have Ever Owned
By drewlane84 on
2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
This is the greatest car I have ever owned. I bought the car certified pre-owned in 2005 and I am absolutely impressed with the quality. After observing my father's current Toyota Prius, which has all of the trims, my Lexus feels luxurious and opulent compared to the hard leather in his car. Every time I turn the key, I do not have to worry about whether the car will start. (I still don't know what the check engine light looks like, and the car is 10 years old.) The only problem is the antenna. It just...stops working. I've put three on the car, but Lexus paid for them all in full. This car is better than most new cars and can still outperform them. It's a great college-kid car, hands-down.
Favorite Features
Automatic headlights, almost too-reliable, the automaker is easy to work with and accommodating, premium leather seats, woodgrain is tough, simple yet classy interior, plenty of cupholders, Toyota cruise control (the best), a ton of cargo space, Lexus's "Home Link" feature to open a garage door is very handy and well placed, the windows of the car provide a view without a blind spot.
Suggested Improvements
Space between the seat and the center console allows items (like phones....) to fall and get stuck very easily, ashtray compartment pops open when opening the console, no steering wheel controls for the radio/CD player, the steering wheel is not telescopic.