Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

A good SUV
By surface

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this vehicle for a year and half. Generally I'm satisfied with its performance.

Very reliable performance. Comfortable seating.

Definitely cup holders. Cups are easily tilted (you know what comes next!).

myreview
By rmendenh

I really love my rx300!

satish
By satish

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just lovely to drive. Perfect for small family. Luxury and smooth drive and performance all combined in a classy SUV/Car. Buy it, Enjoy it.

lots of it.

I LOVE IT
By LAD

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Newly retired, but wanting a sporty SUV, I drove ALL of the brands. I didn't think I could afford this, but the dealer was great. This is the nicest, most comfortable car I've ever owned. I would have bought the Toyota, but the salespeople were not helpful with anything. My husband and I are so happy that we purchased this car. What a pleasure to drive.

I love the heated seats, driver's side seat memory, the 6 foot length when the seats are folded down (we can even sleep there) and the beautiful wood steering wheel. The stereo system is awesome!!

I wish it had a better turning radius. Also a way to hurt people that bang my doors!!!!

We did our homework
By Boiseyankfan

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

To anyone looking at these 4 SUV's. Acura MDX, BMW X5, and the Mercedes. We compared everything. Lot's of on- line work and dealerships.However, the Lexus up tops in almost every category and we got the car for $34k. The Acura would have been $43k. The Mercedes was $39k and the BMW was outta site at $49k. All with basically the same features. The Lexus rides/feels like a car and the others feel like a truck. So.. with the warranty and awesome Lexus service, if your looking to have your cake and eat it too, this is it. The RX has it all. This is not an offroad SUV. It's a luxury street SUV, so instead of getting it dirty, turn some heads!

Lexus Service. Really Walnut trim. Excellent seats. Simple construction. The other makes were very confusing. This is a simple easy to use dash system. Less things to go wrong. Very good site lines, luxury items galore. Too many to mention.

Stereo controls on the steering wheel. Bring horse power up to 240 or better. Add higher priced items like the Levinson sound system and improved alloy wheels. Also.. have the doors automatically lock when you shift into drive. We always have to lock them manually.