Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Love Lexus
By SandiR

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Lexus. Has been the best vehicle I have owned. Was hit in the drivers side front corner by someone running a red light one year ago. I remember the firemen and EMT's telling us we walked away only because it was a Lexus. Lenghty repairs(10 wks) but have not encountered any problems afterwards. Because of the accident, I learned many things about it's construction and safety features, especially the airbags. Mine did not deploy but later found out they were not suppose to because of the location of impact. Negotiated price $33,000

I love the fuel economy, better then the sticker (21/city, 32/Hwy). Excellent ride; information screen Luxury, Luxury

Reduce turning radius. Air conditioning needs improvement. The rear seat can get warm with just one vent in the middle. I've also had 2 visits to service for an intermittent problem with the air that has yet to be diagnosed/fixed.

Wifes Car
By Pete & Char

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

She loves everything about it. He think it should be quieter and have a better ride/handling combo. Dealership experience with the purchace & service is excellent.

Seats and driving comfort is great for both drivers, and everything inside the car is pleasing the the sences.

Quieter on the highway, crisper handling with a better ride still and better trackability on the highway with fewer steering corrections at speed.

Who says 70K miles is a lot?
By Dick Killoran

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't afford a new one, so I bought a used 2002 RX300 with 70,000 miles. It handles better and is more quiet than a new Caravan which was my second choice. To help make my purchase decision I test drove a brand new RX330. I found the new car to be only a little quieter and a little more peppy. I hope to get 200,000 miles out of it. It is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned!

The sound system is fantastic and with such a quiet cabin you can really enjoy your favorite CDs. The AWD make for road gripping handling.

Lexus should make the navagation system more affordable. You can buy a nice handheld for only $300, why $2000 for an in-car version.

I love my RX 300!
By skelco11

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Lexus but first RX. Drives just like a car. It's easy to handle, and it has everything I've come to love in the Lexus brand: smooth ride, luxurious interior, easy-to-read display.

Compass on rearview; leather interior is superior to others; great instrumentation panel

Audio controls on steering wheel.

RX 300
By Snafu

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Decent fuel milage. Power is adequate. Very usable and comfortable.

All the gadgets and creature comforts.

Make the Console for the shifter smaller. I keep bumping my knee and cannot find a comfortable spot for my right leg while driving.