Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

rebadged Highlander
By Pete

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving it for about a year and the whole experience is boring to say the least. There's little road information in the sluggish steering feel and road tracking isn't always linear and true. Braking is lousy and made artificially light. what really irks me is a wide turning circle that hinders parking and no such things as back up sensors offered. While cornering, you really feel its weight. I really feel this car is for a much older crowd. This car offers a silenced cabin and wallowy ride, yet unable to smooth out road bumps. Overall, disappointing car considering its hefty price and bad fuel mileage.

Silenced ride, clarity of audio system, high seating, illuminated instrument cluster, functional and roomy interior

Better fuel milage, better turning circle, more precise steering with better on-center feel, better cornering, better brakes, a more damped suspension with better anti- roll bars, better visibility through the rear window

My Wife's Cloud
By ms

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Last year I purchased this SUV for my wife. I must say I'm sold on Lexus the car is wonderful to drive and the other day when I applied the ECT snow feature I was impressed with the active response. We are now a Lexus family, I will purchase either a LS 400 or SC 3 or 400 this spring.

Reliability, drivability, handling, looks, sound system.

Great Car
By billy bob

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic vehicle. Owned for three years without a problem. Decent gas mileage for an SUV. Great for long drives with comfort and convenience. I would not hesitate to purchase this vehicle again.

Comfort and safety with many conveniences.

Move hump between driver and passenger so as not to interfer with tall drivers knees.

Lexus rx
By billy joe

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV. Interior little small for six footers or over. Gas mileage sensitive to speed. Would purchase again because of quality and reliability. Can put up with minor inconveniences in the "cockpit", e.g., the big hump in the cener that bumps your knee when you enter the vehicle and in the way of your right knee when driving.

Quality and reliability

Get rid of hump in center of vehicle. Replace with a normal console.

I'd do it again
By Linda F

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car. I do crafting, home projects and gardening and it's perfect for hauling my supplies. It also gives me the flexibility of carrying passengers in comfort. Everyone who rides in the car comments on how smooth a ride it is.

I can have a comfortable 5 passenger car or a VERY handy vehicle for hauling.