2002 Lexus RX 300 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Fantastic Car
By Not Acura

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The quality, the ride, and the salesmanship of the this Lexus became the only reason why I purchase this vehicle. Owning this vehicle for less than 1 month, the enjoyment that I got from it is second to none. Perfect seat support, quiet and smooth ride, silky smooth engine (though it is only a 3.0L), center information panel (either you love it or you hate it), and the second to none Lexus service and salesman attitude. If I decide to buy another car, Lexus will be my first choice.

Favorite Features

Center information console screen, AWD, Skid control

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the wind roars.

reliable Japanese car
By concord lexus

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good car. Still trying to get use to poor design of radio/climage control. Quality of paint is not nearly as good as European cars.

Favorite Features

4WD and reliability

Suggested Improvements

poor paint job quality

All around useful ute.
By Tproth

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only glitch so far has been a defective driver door hinge (covered by Lexus). The Lexus experience has been wonderful.

Favorite Features

Seats are great, heaters & adjustment. Auto dim mirrors make driving at night a snap.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius too wide.

I've Wanted One Since 1999
By Miami Hurricanes!

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since 1999, I have found this to be the best looking vehicle on the road. Apparently, so does everyone else as you can see one every time you're stopped at an intersection! I was between this car and the Acura MDX, and this car basically won out due to looks and the slightly more luxurious interior. The acceleration is slower than what I'm used to with luxury sedans, but you can get it going when you really need to. Very comfortable ride, and I just love driving this car. I'm only 28, so I guess I'm young for this car, but I don't care. I just love it.

Favorite Features

Looks, balance of utility and luxury, and stereo sounds very nice. The wooden steering wheel makes you feel like a million bucks!

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel mounted audio controls! Also, glove compartment difficult to close from driver's seat.

The review
By i am steve

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good car but small tires and doesnt handle as well as some others

Favorite Features

the cd player is good

Suggested Improvements

put a real center console in there

LaTrese's Lexus!!!
By latresec

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Lexus. My heart was set on the X5 but after driving both, the Lexus has a smoother ride. The dash isn't as massive as the X5 and I just believe for my style the Lexus is a better match.

Favorite Features

I really like the way the inside cabin is built. There is space between the seats so that I can put my purse there.

Suggested Improvements

I would love the ability to be able to have the CD Changer as well as load a single CD in the player. Additionally, an on the steering wheel volume control would be nice.

Love it !!!
By koolcat

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car/SUV purchase we have ever made. Very happy with it so far. Drives well, smooth and good handling. For that price and a luxury SUV, could have many more features and less wind noise. Lacks power.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Looks, ease of driving.

Suggested Improvements

More power, seriously consider a better music system. No Bass. Loud and vibrates through the doors when volume is slightly increased. Controls on Steering wheel would be good. Automatically lock doors when in gear. Defintely more POWER!!!!

A car dressed as an SUV
By nyeard

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 1998 nissan maxima to get the RX.300 and I kid you not, The RX300 rides smoothier then my max did. The service is top notch. As for the car itself, it is a jack of all trades type of vehicle. You can run around in the snow one day and go out on the town the next. I was looking to buy a BMW X 5 but want ever I got I wanted it fully loaded. To get a fully loaded X 5 I would have had to spend 52 thousand dollars. I got my RX 300 4wd fully loaded with every option you could possibly get ( except the coach edition) and paid 38 thousand. Granted the RX300 is no X 5 but cheaper insurance and to ability to use regular gas is good enough for me

Favorite Features

deep leather smell, nav system, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

more power, more interior color options

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By lexusloverx300

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

omg. i have never driven a car so comforable...so awsome!!! The traction is amazing and I NEVER feel as though i am going to flip. and the people at the dealership were so friendly and helpful. They really helped me and my husband to find our dream car-and at such an affordable price!!!

Favorite Features

The 6 cd changer that is in the glove compartment...it's so easy!!!

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING!! This car is perfect!!!

RX300
By tsheer

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the only time in 25 years of car buying that I bought the same vehicle a 2nd time. I had a 1999, and when it was time to replace it I couldn't find anything else I liked as well. It's big enough to carry a lot of things, but still small enough for easy parking and maneuvering.

Favorite Features

Ride, performance, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Volume knob for the navigation voice. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls. More discrete controls rather than touch-screen functions.