Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

2002 RX 300
By Hall

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive, sell and study all types of vehicles. We recently bought a 2002, 4 year old RX 300, with 44k miles. It is excellent in every way. My wife loves the "fit", not too large, and not too small. The instrument panel, the mileage, the ride, and the overall performance is excellent. We are leaving next week for a 2000 mile road trip, and look forward to going in the RX 300.

little black car
By shelly

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

AWESOME is all I can say. I will never buy another make again.

Leather heated seats, stereo system, body style, interior comfort, climate control.

Not so good turning radius, which has since been improved I have been told.

Performance, Comfort and Reliability
By Jose R. Nevarez

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far this vehicle has given us great service with no mechanical problems at all. It's quite comfortable, great for long family trips, excellent power and lots of features. Services at the dealer were a rip-off though. Trying to push services like changing wipers that were perfectly fine with the oil change. If you didn't take those services, they gave you a little attitude. I was able to find a certified mechanic that specializes in Acura and Lexus that was able to service it for about 1/2 the price of what the dealer charges by concentrating on things that really need servicing. I guess he doesn't have the overhead of the dealer.

Adequate power, solid construction, great stereo system, excellent reliability.

Better gas mileage, better steering ratio.

rebadged Highlander
By Pete

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving it for about a year and the whole experience is boring to say the least. There's little road information in the sluggish steering feel and road tracking isn't always linear and true. Braking is lousy and made artificially light. what really irks me is a wide turning circle that hinders parking and no such things as back up sensors offered. While cornering, you really feel its weight. I really feel this car is for a much older crowd. This car offers a silenced cabin and wallowy ride, yet unable to smooth out road bumps. Overall, disappointing car considering its hefty price and bad fuel mileage.

Silenced ride, clarity of audio system, high seating, illuminated instrument cluster, functional and roomy interior

Better fuel milage, better turning circle, more precise steering with better on-center feel, better cornering, better brakes, a more damped suspension with better anti- roll bars, better visibility through the rear window

My Wife's Cloud
By ms

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Last year I purchased this SUV for my wife. I must say I'm sold on Lexus the car is wonderful to drive and the other day when I applied the ECT snow feature I was impressed with the active response. We are now a Lexus family, I will purchase either a LS 400 or SC 3 or 400 this spring.

Reliability, drivability, handling, looks, sound system.