2002 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
reliable Japanese car
By concord lexus on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good car. Still trying to get use to poor design of radio/climage control. Quality of paint is not nearly as good as European cars.

All around useful ute.
By Tproth on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only glitch so far has been a defective driver door hinge (covered by Lexus). The Lexus experience has been wonderful.

I've Wanted One Since 1999
By Miami Hurricanes! on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since 1999, I have found this to be the best looking vehicle on the road. Apparently, so does everyone else as you can see one every time you're stopped at an intersection! I was between this car and the Acura MDX, and this car basically won out due to looks and the slightly more luxurious interior. The acceleration is slower than what I'm used to with luxury sedans, but you can get it going when you really need to. Very comfortable ride, and I just love driving this car. I'm only 28, so I guess I'm young for this car, but I don't care. I just love it.

The review
By i am steve on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good car but small tires and doesnt handle as well as some others

LaTrese's Lexus!!!
By latresec on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Lexus. My heart was set on the X5 but after driving both, the Lexus has a smoother ride. The dash isn't as massive as the X5 and I just believe for my style the Lexus is a better match.

Love it !!!
By koolcat on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car/SUV purchase we have ever made. Very happy with it so far. Drives well, smooth and good handling. For that price and a luxury SUV, could have many more features and less wind noise. Lacks power.

A car dressed as an SUV
By nyeard on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 1998 nissan maxima to get the RX.300 and I kid you not, The RX300 rides smoothier then my max did. The service is top notch. As for the car itself, it is a jack of all trades type of vehicle. You can run around in the snow one day and go out on the town the next. I was looking to buy a BMW X 5 but want ever I got I wanted it fully loaded. To get a fully loaded X 5 I would have had to spend 52 thousand dollars. I got my RX 300 4wd fully loaded with every option you could possibly get ( except the coach edition) and paid 38 thousand. Granted the RX300 is no X 5 but cheaper insurance and to ability to use regular gas is good enough for me

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By lexusloverx300 on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

omg. i have never driven a car so comforable...so awsome!!! The traction is amazing and I NEVER feel as though i am going to flip. and the people at the dealership were so friendly and helpful. They really helped me and my husband to find our dream car-and at such an affordable price!!!

RX300
By tsheer on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the only time in 25 years of car buying that I bought the same vehicle a 2nd time. I had a 1999, and when it was time to replace it I couldn't find anything else I liked as well. It's big enough to carry a lot of things, but still small enough for easy parking and maneuvering.

ec's comments
By chin on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The passanger seat needs a 6 way adjustment. The front part of the seat is too low which allows the passanger to keep sliding off the seat which is not comfortable. The turning circle is also too large. The smell of the leather is not too pleasing at times.