Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Best Car
By Charles, Georgia

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42K miles on it and have had it a year and a half. I also traded a Lexus ES 300 in on it b/c I wanted a SUV. Lexus is by far the best car on the road. I'll never drive anything else.

Favorite Features

Sporty feel while having the room of an SUV. Comfort and feel, safety, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, radio controls on the steering wheel which I know they have done on the new models.

Ten cars later, the best ever
By Michelle,Texas

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 10 cars, and I said the very next one I get would be a Lexus. After much independent study and comparisons. I finally got it. This car is absolutely awesome. Find an authorized mechanic shop that works on high end luxury cars and keep it maintained (as with any car). I see years of comfort and happiness, my daughter expects to get this car, when I upgrade. I never want to drive another car.

Favorite Features

Butter leather seats, wonderful surround sound, smooth ride, adjustable rear seating.

Suggested Improvements

We are a tall family so the part by the knee on the driver's side is a little uncomfortable.

2002 RX 300
By Hall

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive, sell and study all types of vehicles. We recently bought a 2002, 4 year old RX 300, with 44k miles. It is excellent in every way. My wife loves the "fit", not too large, and not too small. The instrument panel, the mileage, the ride, and the overall performance is excellent. We are leaving next week for a 2000 mile road trip, and look forward to going in the RX 300.

little black car
By shelly

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

AWESOME is all I can say. I will never buy another make again.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, stereo system, body style, interior comfort, climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Not so good turning radius, which has since been improved I have been told.

Performance, Comfort and Reliability
By Jose R. Nevarez

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far this vehicle has given us great service with no mechanical problems at all. It's quite comfortable, great for long family trips, excellent power and lots of features. Services at the dealer were a rip-off though. Trying to push services like changing wipers that were perfectly fine with the oil change. If you didn't take those services, they gave you a little attitude. I was able to find a certified mechanic that specializes in Acura and Lexus that was able to service it for about 1/2 the price of what the dealer charges by concentrating on things that really need servicing. I guess he doesn't have the overhead of the dealer.

Favorite Features

Adequate power, solid construction, great stereo system, excellent reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, better steering ratio.