2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
myreview
By rmendenh on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I really love my rx300!

satish
By satish on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just lovely to drive. Perfect for small family. Luxury and smooth drive and performance all combined in a classy SUV/Car. Buy it, Enjoy it.

I LOVE IT
By LAD on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Newly retired, but wanting a sporty SUV, I drove ALL of the brands. I didn't think I could afford this, but the dealer was great. This is the nicest, most comfortable car I've ever owned. I would have bought the Toyota, but the salespeople were not helpful with anything. My husband and I are so happy that we purchased this car. What a pleasure to drive.

We did our homework
By Boiseyankfan on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

To anyone looking at these 4 SUV's. Acura MDX, BMW X5, and the Mercedes. We compared everything. Lot's of on- line work and dealerships.However, the Lexus up tops in almost every category and we got the car for $34k. The Acura would have been $43k. The Mercedes was $39k and the BMW was outta site at $49k. All with basically the same features. The Lexus rides/feels like a car and the others feel like a truck. So.. with the warranty and awesome Lexus service, if your looking to have your cake and eat it too, this is it. The RX has it all. This is not an offroad SUV. It's a luxury street SUV, so instead of getting it dirty, turn some heads!

Looking forward to the next edition.
By MILLER on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at Acura MDX, Mercedes, and The RX. Wife liked the styling of the RX so we bought it. LIKES: The size and related styling is great for our needs. The ride is most comfortable and accommodates five adults easily. The quality of construction is excellent with few imperfections. Did not need the navigation system but ordered it anyway; absolutely love it! Will buy a Lexus product again even though we have owned Acuras in the past. DISLIKES: The roof rack "knobs" are most cumbersome (look at Jeeps set-up). The turning radius is too limited particularly for a SUV as short as this one.

We love this SUV!!!
By cltang on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We got this 2WD SUV with $35,500 OTD. I love the V6 engine and transmission, which is the same as my other car and van (Camry and Sienna). The interior is super. The reason we bought it because of our 10th anniversary. It worths to keep for another decade!

Rx300 Yr2000
By Moi on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car/SUV has excellent handling, great road stability in avoidance manoeuver (avoided a major crash at around 65 mph - thanks to the ABS). Nice pick up for a six, decent gas mileage. Interior well designed & all controls are well located. Could use a little more headroom (6'4"), & would like a telescopic steering wheel. A little wind noise at high speed. Excellent cabin noise reduction, where one can have speaker phone conversation without background noise. Great audio set up. Center console has four drink- holders, and enough storage to keep everyone happy. Overall a very satisfying driving experience all around, whether on long or short haul.

Great vehicle
By Gerryusa on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride on the Lexus RX300 is unsurpassed in this class. I've seen reviews where the ride is compared to a minivan and listed as a "con". This is ridiculous. I don't live in the mountains. I don't need a truck that rides like a semi. This vehicle is a car with everything an SUV delivers. And you never have to worry if it will start or breakdown. Which is definitely a worry with Acura, Mercedes, BMW & any american "truck".

After several months of driving - Review
By JabaJaba on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is excellent! Two things the are outstanding are the base stereo and the brakes. The stereo is crisp, clear, rich, and loud. It is the best sound system I have ever heard. The braking system is superb. Braking is smooth and effortless and is not touchy or grabby at all.

Wonderful car
By mikey f on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My experience? Easy. A perfect car. I don't even know why Lexus has a service department. Other than regular scheduled maintenance, there are NO repairs to be made ever!