Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Amazing
By Melissa Perea

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I had a 1987 Chevy Blazer for the past 7 years and now I know why people buy luxury cars. It has been the best experience ever driving this car and I can't imagine my life without it now. Very luxurious and comfortable. Its the perfect SUV.

Leather interior, sun/moon roof, cargo space, smooth ride, perfect controls for driver to handle while driving

obviously just a little better has mileage, but honestly I would still purchase one if it never got better its worth it!

Worth the money
By CCW

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this because of Lexus reputation and have not been disappointed. Still drives like a new car, great handling for a SUV, and gas mileage tolerable even with today's gas prices! This car has everything, just wish it had power rear hatch. Definitely considering hybrid version for next Lexus.

Love the auto-dimming rearview mirror and built in garage opener!

RX 300 poor long term investment
By mikeb

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A nice car for the missus - she loves it, size and drivability (except for the horrendous small turning circle) - Lexus reliability on this vehicle is a myth - the same things go wrong every two years - there is nothing worse than intermittent problems that leave you stranded!

Size and driveability are great.

Improve reliability - after all thats what you pay for!

Lexus Update
By Bluto

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In the six years I've owned the RX 300, I can say the extra cost over a Toyota was worth it. I had my first maintenance problem, a loose hose on the smog system due to bad roads kicking up debris. The RX has survived a run through a rock slide with only a blown tire. The other vehicles around me were totaled per the state police. The vehicle is easy to drive and predictable to keep you out of trouble. I would definitely recommend this year model providing maintenance was done per schedule. I will probably buy another Lexus except I moved to a town with only a Toyota dealer so I wiil probably go with Toyota. Thanks to all previous posters who convienced me to but a Lexus. Hope this helps.

Just sitting in the drivers seat, the car fits me. Like the seats, controls, able to see around the car while driving (minimal blind spots).

What a great decision
By CPT Rob

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Retired from US Army in New Hampshire. With young kids I had a minivan. Besause of the hills the transmission was a pain. I search through used cars because of the unacceptable cost increases. Used Lexus was not one I considered until I found a 2002 RX 300 that looked new. AWD leather auto, electric everything. Great maintenance records. Under 55K miles and priced below 20K. Took a test drive and instantly fell in love. Traded in the van and put new tires onit and feel very safe and confident driving thru this long winter. If you can find one check it out.

Top safety and ride. Automatic security. Heated seats, multi cd/disc stereo w/cass am/fm. Great speakers. Leater seating, very adjustable dr and pass. Great back seat room, with fold down split bench. Very good ride

Gas GPA 18-24 a little low through the hills.