2002 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
RX 300 - quite a package!
By Rocky Mountain Man on 09/29/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. I had to replace my Maxima because it handled poorly in the snow. Can't wait for the first snowstorm! We had lots of luck with Toyotas over the last 9 years with excellent reliability, and low maintenance. This car handles well, though you can certainly tell it's not a performance car with its heft. The 3 liter V6 is adequate and I have actually been getting 22 to nearly 26 mpg for an AWD car, which is amazing! It rides very nicely, and handles bumps well. It's a great cruiser on the highway, or great on rutted dirt roads. We had it on some pretty rough roads and it was great. I hope the Lexus reliability that I found during my research is as good as our 4Runner.

My last Toyota purchase
By c krempley on 08/30/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car did not live up to my expectations. After owning many Toyota products, a Corrolla was my first car, I will no longer be purchasing their product. The hype that this car would run for 200 to 300 thousand miles is just hype. My transmission gave out on a major highway at 10:00 PM in a construction zone 30 miles from ANY gas station or other help. Two years ago the air conditioning unit needed replacement and now there are electrical problems. I have never had so many problems with a car.

Drives as good as it looks!!
By Julie on 05/25/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on SUVs, and I kept coming back to the RX 300. I think it's the best looking, and the reviews sang high praise. So we have had this one about 3 months and I LOVE it! And what's even better is we're getting 20-26 MPG! We both drive moderately and the MPG shows. Will probably buy another RX after this one.

Absolutely Great Car
By atlanta on 04/18/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has not given me one single problem. I do have it maintained according to schedule and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Best Car
By Charles, Georgia on 01/04/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42K miles on it and have had it a year and a half. I also traded a Lexus ES 300 in on it b/c I wanted a SUV. Lexus is by far the best car on the road. I'll never drive anything else.

Ten cars later, the best ever
By Michelle,Texas on 10/08/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 10 cars, and I said the very next one I get would be a Lexus. After much independent study and comparisons. I finally got it. This car is absolutely awesome. Find an authorized mechanic shop that works on high end luxury cars and keep it maintained (as with any car). I see years of comfort and happiness, my daughter expects to get this car, when I upgrade. I never want to drive another car.

2002 RX 300
By Hall on 08/04/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive, sell and study all types of vehicles. We recently bought a 2002, 4 year old RX 300, with 44k miles. It is excellent in every way. My wife loves the "fit", not too large, and not too small. The instrument panel, the mileage, the ride, and the overall performance is excellent. We are leaving next week for a 2000 mile road trip, and look forward to going in the RX 300.

little black car
By shelly on 07/13/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

AWESOME is all I can say. I will never buy another make again.

Performance, Comfort and Reliability
By Jose R. Nevarez on 10/08/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far this vehicle has given us great service with no mechanical problems at all. It's quite comfortable, great for long family trips, excellent power and lots of features. Services at the dealer were a rip-off though. Trying to push services like changing wipers that were perfectly fine with the oil change. If you didn't take those services, they gave you a little attitude. I was able to find a certified mechanic that specializes in Acura and Lexus that was able to service it for about 1/2 the price of what the dealer charges by concentrating on things that really need servicing. I guess he doesn't have the overhead of the dealer.

rebadged Highlander
By Pete on 05/23/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving it for about a year and the whole experience is boring to say the least. There's little road information in the sluggish steering feel and road tracking isn't always linear and true. Braking is lousy and made artificially light. what really irks me is a wide turning circle that hinders parking and no such things as back up sensors offered. While cornering, you really feel its weight. I really feel this car is for a much older crowd. This car offers a silenced cabin and wallowy ride, yet unable to smooth out road bumps. Overall, disappointing car considering its hefty price and bad fuel mileage.