2001 Lexus RX 300 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First Lexus, Not the Last

2001 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

First Lexus, Not the Last
By GeoffM on

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our first SUV,purchased with 45k and factory certification to 100k. Great ride, handling a little mushy around corners, but good for SUV. Very comfortable, and we always "feel" the pleasure of a luxury riding vehicle. Very quiet ride. Did not get the NAV system, but am planning on purchasing top-of-the-line portable system. Have tested the new Acura MDX and BMW X5, and while nice cars, we still like the RX better. This is my wife's car, but I like it so much that I'm buying a 2001 AWD RX Silversport with 33k, factory certified, sports suspension that handles curves better. I never buy new; let some other guy eat the depreciation.

Favorite Features

Certified warranty (don't buy any car without one). Haven't needed to use it yet. With low milage purchase, we actually got a better bumper-to-bumper milage warranty than buying a new RX330. Good dealership and great salesperson.

Suggested Improvements

Seats comfortable, but wish there was a little better thigh support in seat length. Side view mirrors that automatically adjust with seat position.