2001 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Review: Cool RX3 00

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Review

Cool RX3 00
By gq008 on

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought My 2001 RX 300 used in Sept 005. I test drove a new Murano, used X5, MDX, Highlander and a bunch of domestic SUVs. None of them rode as smooth and quiet as the RX. The good thing about the RX is that it only requires 87 or above octane. However, my best mileage has been 19 mpg. I average about 17 mpg. But I have a very heavy foot. I disliked the two tone of my RX. So I painted the models to match the paint on the body. The Silversport or Coach edition alleviates this problem but are very rare to find in the AWD. And I test drove the silversport and the b/c of the sport suspension the ride was not at all smooth. However, My RX will be replaced with another RX if and when I decide to get rid of this one.

It only requires 87 or above octane. The leather in the RX is very soft and plush without feeling mushy. I love the shape and size of the RX - not too big, not too small.