A Reliable SUV That Could Have Been
By UKFan4Sure! on
2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Wow! That was my first impression driving this beauty after having two Jeep Grand Cherokees before this. It is smooth and quiet with seamless acceleration that seems adequate but not stellar. Its body lines are magnificent and its interior is well appointed and very well crafted. It has 94K miles on it now and if I didn't tell you that, I could fool you into believing it had 20K. No joke. It does have some unexcusable shortcomings, though. Something you don't expect out of Toyota. I will list those below.
Favorite Features
Stereo is great! Roomy inside. I like the big mirrors and the triangular vent windows. The visibility is very good throughout the car. It rides like a car, not an SUV. Nice. I like the easy to clean wheels with common tire size. Reclining/sliding rear seats. Wife likes the tray for her purse.
Suggested Improvements
Distance to empty on computer (do I REALLY need instant gas mileage or average speed? Who cares!). Displays are different colors. Why? No liftglass on tailgate. No steering wheel radio controls. Cupholders are a joke. Only a 2-way passenger power seat. Armrest is too high. Remote entry range is short