2001 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
Excellent SUV
By P.L. Savemart on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent sport utility vehicle. The gas mileage for me is 20.1 mpg. I choose suv over cars because of the better suspension. I am able to haul more weight than a regular car. The ride and handling is smooth on especially on highway and country side.

Great car
By kerifish on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car! I really hesitated at the price, but, so far, it has been worth it. Gas mileage could be better in town, but highway mileage is reasonable for the performance and safety features. The Lexus dealers have been uniformly excellent-they have the best customer service of any dealer around. I chose the car for its reliability and safety ratings, but it is a blast to drive, especially on long trips, and was great in the snow last winter.

RX is Best Car I've Owned
By Tom in Omaha on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 RX is the first Lexus we have owned and it is the best car we have owned. Rides great, comfortable for four adults (don't bring a lot of luggage) and performance is very acceptable (remember this is an SUV). One of the nice benefits of an Lexus is the service provided by the dealership, which is fantastic. Last year we went skiing in Colorado and the RX went up I-70 without any problems at all ... more power than I had predicted.

1grt SUV
By lexpro on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have really enjoyed or RX. The vehicle runs really smooth, very comfortable, very car like. The traction of the AWD is excellent as well. We used it in the snow last winter without a problem. We are moving up to the larger Lexus...

Certified Pre-Owned Bargain!
By Tyber on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Like some other reviewers, I was looking at other Lux-utes, but just wasn't ready to spend $40k to $50k+. So when I heard Lexus had 1.9% financing on their CPO inventory, I decided to check out 01's and 02's. Got a low mileage '01 RX300 2WD w/ Navigation for a rediculously low price (I think). It's awesome. Ride quality and sound levels are amazing. Build quality, fit and finish are excellent. Performance is great for an SUV, and better than many sedans. The dealership has honestly been a pleasure to work with. All in all, I'm very satisfied.

Nice machine with some funny quirks
By Larry Pope on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We started looking at ML320s but liked the styling and ride of the RX better. The RX is built on a Camry frame while the ML is a truck and it feels like it. Besides, an MB built in Alabama? Please. I only have one complaint with this car. The brakes sound like a locomotive trying to stop. I started complaining about them at 10,000 miles. The dealership "adjusted" them and supposedly changes some parts. Finally at 36,000 miles, they put on a kit that quieted them down. The new kit only has a few hundred miles on it and so far so good. A $40,000 car shouldn't have that kind of flaw. (In their defense, all the brake work was done under warranty.)

Shocker
By AndyRoo on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was originally looking at the new RX330 but really was not in the moood to spend a whole lot of money. I decided with a used because it has a good reputation and there was not a lot of difference in features. I'm Impressed!

Great Vehicle
By roo2 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. Excellent in winter.

honest review
By zatez on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

drove toyota's for years always thought Lexus was overpriced toyota until I bought my sivlersport what a difference!! The ride quality,comfort,handling,and the way the dealership treats you blows out toyota and I reguard toyota as on of the best products out there. It takes all the qualitys of the BMW/MERCEDES/and all other luxury makes and either beats them or does almost as good very nice ride worth the money believe it or not!!

Happy with my RX
By ASINOW on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Good looking well built SUV. Very pleased