2001 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
Not quite the quality I expected
By LLRinCO on 02/02/05 02:30 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For a fairly new Lexus, mine had some little quirks - squeaking by the back seat, radio speakers working intermitently, twice it did not start the first time I turned the key. Other then that a nice vehicle, great in snow, navigation well worth it.

Lexus the way to go
By The better ride on 12/24/04 02:21 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased me RX300 with about 40k miles on it. I had a hard time deciding on the Lexus RX300 or the Mercedes ML320. Being a Mercedes fan I thought I would love the Benz but there was just no comparison after the test drive I was hooked on my Lexus. Quiet, smooth, powerful and sharp luxury ride. I get compliments everywhere I go. The factory chrome wheels and spoiler make it look great. Insurance is alot better than the Ml to. I have greatly enjoyed my SUV and will certainly buy another Lexus RX in the future.

Too new to really know, hope 4 best
By Diana on 12/05/04 21:45 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Everyone is really impressed with the Lexus. I had originally planned to trade my 2001 RAV4 for an '05 with several upgrades, but by the time it was all added up (and a few combos of features that I didn't care about added on) it was up to $27,000 +. So I asked about a similarly priced used SUV. That's how I got the Lexus RX300 and it has a better warranty than the new RAV4 would. I do miss the sporty ride of the RAV4 5 speed, and center console of the RX300 is unduly complicated. My coffee mug and water bottle tend to tip in the cupholders. The body side molding on the RAV4 is perfectly positioned to catch any door dings. It doesn't look like the RX300 is. Dorschel's great dealership!

01 RX300 - Super SUV
By jbruce on 11/27/04 07:05 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Vapor Blue, 01 RX 300 with Premium Package, HID Headlights, Roof Rack and auto dimming mirrors. Have only had it a few weeks, but it is one of smoothest and quietest riding vehicles we've had. Shifts very smooth, and the black leather interior is classy and comfortable. The gas mileage is not near as good as our older Honda Accord, but it has a larger engine and weighs more. This is a great car and was worth the $19,000 we paid. Both Toyota and Lexus hold their value about as good as any brand, so don't expect to find one "cheap". We looked at several RXs, but this one with 70,000 seemed to be about the best deal we could find. We can't wait for winter and some snow!

PERFECT SUV
By bryce on 11/12/04 19:18 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE MY LEXUS RX300. Everything about the car is absolutely perfect. It is quick off of the line and handles very well. The interior is beautiful and very comftorable. There is plenty of space and it sits the perfect height off of the ground. THE STANDARD SOUND SYSTEM IS AMAZING. I love everything about it.

my 1st SUV
By jed / david on 11/07/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, good looks, good gas millage with regular gas, and plenty of room for my 3 kids.

First Lexus, Not the Last
By GeoffM on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our first SUV,purchased with 45k and factory certification to 100k. Great ride, handling a little mushy around corners, but good for SUV. Very comfortable, and we always "feel" the pleasure of a luxury riding vehicle. Very quiet ride. Did not get the NAV system, but am planning on purchasing top-of-the-line portable system. Have tested the new Acura MDX and BMW X5, and while nice cars, we still like the RX better. This is my wife's car, but I like it so much that I'm buying a 2001 AWD RX Silversport with 33k, factory certified, sports suspension that handles curves better. I never buy new; let some other guy eat the depreciation.

yep
By dfksj on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is a very nice vehicle. im thinking about buying the new 330 series. Maybe next year or the year after, even decent milage !!!

Luxury Utility Vehicle
By PGLUVSLEXUS on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 RX300 in May 2004. So far, I LOVE IT! Absolutely smooth ride and handling. You also get a great view of the road. The Lexus dealer in Rockville Centre, NY, serviced my car wonderfully. They defined all the needs of the car, and handled them, detailing every step to me.

Oh My God!!!
By crimsonlights on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus RX 300 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove home today with my certified pre- owed RX 300. I am thrilled with my purchase. I know it's the older style, but I actually like it better. It's a very smooth ride and extremely fun to drive. I test-drove the newer RX 330 (also a nice ride), but was satisfied with the look and feel of the 300. The price wasn't bad either. Far more reasonable than the new 330. This is the most fun I've ever had driving a car.