Used 2001 Lexus RX 300 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Make sure you have this vehicle checked out
By joyce

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Due to this being an old car, I'm sure my rating would have been different if I purchased it new. I bought it in 2013. However since I have had things go wrong with the car, I would not buy another one. I would caution anyone purchasing this car just to get it looked over by a professional before buying. Right now I do not have heat. the lock on the glove box is broken, so I cannot change cd's. Most of the seat clips are broken in the back. The plastic that keep the seat belt from sliding into the seat belt compartment is broken, so I have it pined. Paint and body integrity isn't good. Mechanically the car has been good.

Lexus engine
By Eric Rodriguez

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Lexus about 9 months ago with 180,000 miles now I have 208,000 miles. I haven't had any issues the last owner was a family friend that took care of the maintenance very well. My question is what is the average life of the engine how much more miles can I get out of it? I been taking care of the maintenance on car since got it.

N/A

N/A

great vehicle
By n8webb

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought this used, and we couldn't have been more lucky with a vehicle. great on gas, safe, quiet, dependable.

luxurious, cheap, maintenance free

the paint on the roof rack chips away.

milage reliability
By pbuehler

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the first 120000 were smooth trouble free getting 18mpg town/25mpg road. went to bridgestone tires and rides like a limo. leather seats are thin but comfortable. at 125000 2 fuel injectors worn out $700. at 135000 smog canister failure light $700. now, front passenger seat air bag system warning lights. cost ? as it is going to someone else.

it looks and gets the respect of a Lexus. even at 135000 paint/exterior look new. interior is not plush like the other models but is wearing OK.

Transmission break down.
By saimatha

2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have 115000 miles. The transmission had failed on the freeway. Cost to have it fixed with a remanufactured transmission from same dealer is $3400. Surprized to find this failure at 115000 miles. did not have this problem with US cars even with mileage more than 150000. Are we blind sighted to the quality of Lexus? This dos not complain about the failing door locks and engine light on etc.

• SUV