2000 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Review: Certified Quality

2000 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Certified Quality
By Brooklyn on

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

Bought certified '00 RX300 AWD, premium package, 47k mi. Looks, drives, feels like new. Body style virtually the same from 2000- 2003. Shopped around for months-- Acura MDX, Infinit QX4, BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Range Rover Discovery. Lexus probably least "true SUV" of the bunch, but it provides me with what I really NEED (AWD, safety, reliability, quality) and WANT (smooth drive, top notch amenities). Don't plan to take my luxury SUV offroad... I'd buy a Jeep for that. This is a luxury vehicle that is capable of hauling 5 adults and cargo comfortably in any weather (rain, snow, shine). It's not for rock climbing, trail riding, etc.

Favorite Features

Quality interior, leather, controls, sound system, brakes, AWD. Feels like you're driving a true luxury vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

CD changer in glove box is inconvenient. Gas mileage isn't great, but probably on par with other SUVs. Wife feels the car inspires confidence in her driving, but I'd like a little more pep... beef up the engine and add lower profile wheels for sportier look.