Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Best suv ever.
By Stuart

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

I love the car! It has plenty of power all around. The interior comfort is great for long trips. I love the way it drives like a sedan, but still feels like an suv. I also like the peace of mind its many safety features give you. The interior is surprisingly roomy and luxurious. It is the first car I've ever had that keeps reseling itself. The more I drive it the more I love it. I have had it for over eight years. I have never had a problem except for routine service. I am sold on Lexus quality. I still receive compliments on it all the time. Even after eight years it still doesn't look outdated at all. I also enjoy the lexus premium sound system and the six disc cd changer. It sounds great.

The excellent service I get from my Lexus dealer, outstanding reliability, gas mileage, Lexus premium sound systemm is better than my home surrouund sound, six disc cd changer, storage space, quality of materials.

A single in dash cd player would be nice in addition to the changer. Larger fuel tank, better turning radius, add compass and miles to empty to information display

My RX 300 Rocks!
By RX350 Rocks

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this used in California on vacation and shipped it to Indiana. Very fun to drive. And we can't believe it's almost 8 years old. Just got timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt changed at 97,000 miles. It drives like a new car and is good for another 100k! We plan on driving this for a very long time. We've been through two snowy winters and it drives great. Its styling still looks pretty modern and I like it a lot better than the 330. It's got no blind spots. One thing to note, check Toyota dealerships for major maintenance work...found to be a lot cheaper than Lexus dealers!

Love the key remote feature where all the windows and sunroof can be opened remotely. Comes in handy on hot days when I'm walking to the car! Interior is flawless. Exterior is the same. Styling is very classy and perfect.

Bigger gas tank. Mileage is okay for AWD (@ 20mpg overall). But gas tank is too small and feels like we don't get great mileage since we fill up often. They made the tanks bigger after the 2001 model year.

I love my Lexus!
By luv my lexus

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car used and have had no problems with it at all. I take my RX 300 in regularly for oil changes and that's about it. I currently have 78k on the car now and hope to drive it for another 100 thousand miles or more! I would recommend this car used over many other brand new makes and models. Although my vehicle is almost 7 years old now, I trust it's reliability 100%.

Everything! I love the sunroof, leather interior and sound system.

Turning radius isn't the greatest. No other suggestions. The car is absolutely wonderful!

Just about the best!
By HansMom

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car used and have been extremely pleased. It is the perfect size, perfect height for getting in and out of, and handles beautifully in winter driving. We have had very few maintenance issues, though have put a little money into repairs. Our complaints: no shoulder strap for middle rear position, front seats don't adjust quite enough so that the seat is too flat for us, sometimes hesitant at fast accelerations... but one learns to drive it as is. Great car for nearly anyone, though you do find yourself at the gas pump fairly often! I would prefer this car as is over most newer makes and models. Visibility is better than with the newer RX 330.

Height: good for easy enter/exit, assume is safer vs. sedan, great on snow and fun to drive.

Shoulder strap in middle rear seat position, more range in front seat positioning. CD changer in dash vs. removable cassette -- very awkward to make changes... so I rarely do.

7 years later still up to date
By toy4two

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I really think the RX 300 is the best deal going in used cars. I test drove a 2006 Lexus GS and I found out the only feature missing in my 2000 RX 300 is cooling seats to go with my heated seats. Everything else is there, and being a Lexus, its all in the same place, HomeLink, seat heaters, wonderful ergonomics, great leather. It did have an in dash CD changer which was also a nice add on. But for the money, my 00 AWD is basically the same. Power was close, smoothness, quietness. About the only upgrade would be more wood on the interior. This car is boring though, I won't lie, its rock solid reliable but its like a reliable washing machine or some other appliance, not exactly sporty.

Heated seats. Durable leather. Stock Lexus sound system. Dead silent. Great in snow. Tows trailer great. Lexus ski rack (extra).

Turning radius. Small gas tank. MPG could be better. "D" light burned out on dash.