Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

7 years later still up to date
By toy4two

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I really think the RX 300 is the best deal going in used cars. I test drove a 2006 Lexus GS and I found out the only feature missing in my 2000 RX 300 is cooling seats to go with my heated seats. Everything else is there, and being a Lexus, its all in the same place, HomeLink, seat heaters, wonderful ergonomics, great leather. It did have an in dash CD changer which was also a nice add on. But for the money, my 00 AWD is basically the same. Power was close, smoothness, quietness. About the only upgrade would be more wood on the interior. This car is boring though, I won't lie, its rock solid reliable but its like a reliable washing machine or some other appliance, not exactly sporty.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. Durable leather. Stock Lexus sound system. Dead silent. Great in snow. Tows trailer great. Lexus ski rack (extra).

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius. Small gas tank. MPG could be better. "D" light burned out on dash.

Love it
By tinkatpow

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I have had my rx300 for a couple years now, and being almost 7 years old now, it still has up to date features and looks, very comfortable, and just a great car/suv. I have two kids now, and we're having more, so I have to upsize, and I really dont want to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Car like ride, lots of storage, easy fold down seats in back have come in use many times. It's so comfy. Love the leather and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

In dash cd changer

Great car
By Liz

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great little car. It handles the road well and is very comfortable. The only problem I have with it is the terrible turning radius and the small gas tank has to be filled up often twice a week.

Favorite Features

It's very comfortable and has just enough space in the back for carrying stuff. It handles the snow and ice really well.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius and bigger gas tank!

Love my Lexus!
By Loretta

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

All of my cars have been imports. A friend of mine is a car dealer and got this vehicle. Within minutes of seeing it, I drove it and told him to hold the car for me. Two days later, I turned my Camry over to him for the RX and I absolutely LOVE IT! I travel to Mexico frequently and it handles nicely on the dirt roads. I tend to agree with the other reviewers in that the gas mileage could be improved, but everything else the vehicle makes up for that little nuisance. If you're considering purchasing an RX, I would highly recommend it. It doesn't get any better than a Japanese-made vehicle if you're looking for reliability. I say "I did find a better car and I did buy it!"

Favorite Features

Heated seats, awesome sound system, seat memory, ECT.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Lexus RX300
By Lexus

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I put a lot of miles on my car for work. The Lexus is comfortable for long trips and isn't as bad on gas as the larger sport utilities. The additional addons like sunroof, six disc changer, and heated leather seats just add to the enjoyment of driving this car.

Favorite Features

CD, Heated Leather Seats, SunRoof, Memory seating adjustments for two on drivers side.