2000 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
The Best SUV ever!!!
By vinster29 on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

The Lexus RX300 is the best SUV on the market hands down. I have gotten more compliments about my RX300 than any other car that I own!!! This car is definitely worth the investment!!

Daily annoyances
By LuvMyAcura on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

What's up with the turning radius? I moved down from a larger SUV hoping to avoid the parking spot tango, only to be stuck with it for another 3 years! I also expected better gas mileage, particularly since it had little to no pickup. The factory cut my carpet too small; Nakamichi audio system sometimes didn't work; piece of trim on the back door continuously popped off; $600 ozone filter replacement at 30,000 miles; parking brake light comes on at 36,000 miles, leading you to believe you're driving with your parking brake on. No, just reminding you to check your brakes! Overall, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the quality of this vehicle.

Excellent Car
By DMiller on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

This is the best car I ever own. Ultra reliable. Lexus dealership is much better than BMW's, honest and warm but classy. A Japanese supercar.

MY LEASE IS UP IM GONNA CRY
By PETERPAL49 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

IVE HAD MY RX FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS BEEN BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE IVE EVER HAD. HAD MANY COMPLIMENTS ON THE VEHICLE EVEN FROM TEENAGERS. SITTING IN THE RX IS LIKE BEING IN YOUR LIVING ROOM, GAS MILEAGE IS NOT BAD FOR ITS SIZE, AVERAGING 22MPG. EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY. AND VERY QUIET AT 70MPH.

Going for my 2nd RX300
By lexus lover on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Great vehicle. No problems in 3 years. Lexus service is outstanding. Interior quality high.

The best of the Best
By Jakehoo on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Switched from an Avalon to the RX300. Very pleased with this decision.

Lexus 300 Drives Like a 400 Series Sedan
By nukkles on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

This is my fourth year with the Lexus 300 and I couldn't be happier. I'm sometimes tempted to trade it in for a new one but, except for a few more bells and whistles, they are exactly the same. Great car! Plenty of room. My dogs love being able to roam around the back.

My 2000 RX 300 Lexus
By gloraus on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Wonderful ride and quietness. The service has been fine. I've had the car for almost 3 years, and have had zero problems.

Great vehicle but vibrates
By musicman2721 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Great vehicle, particularly for a SUV and higher off the road. Good for higher water in Houston roads. Engine vibrates though when car sits idle at redlights. Only feels normal when shifting into neutral while at light. Rear door has quality problems with fabric covered plastic.

Best Vehicle Yet
By hlfreeman on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

The most reliable and best functional vehicle I have owned. Works great in snow and wet road conditions. Super smooth auto transmission and decent MPG. Excellent back seat comfort and leg room.