2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
Drives like a car...
By LexisOwner on 04/18/05 10:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Excellent quality and drivability. 5 years old and still looks current. Bought the car new and loved it. Over the years, the small annoyances start to wear on you, like having to stop for gas every 300 miles and having to back up when making u-turns and when parking due to large turning radius.

A decent utility car
By Lee on 12/24/04 00:50 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This car had a transmission problem at 94,000 miles that caused me over $3,500. Other than that I guess it is reliable. The brake pads are incredible; I am still on the original ones after more than 110,000 miles. Has not changed the timing belt yet, mechanic recommended at 120,000 vs. Lexus 90,000. My biggest complain is fuel economy, a full tank of gas gets only 230 miles. Pick up from get go is good however it lacks power at medium speed. The suspension is a bit soft and the turning radius is too large. I would want to have a little bit tighter body. I also want to replace this one with the hybrid.

Changed my allegiance
By True Lexan on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I'm a recently converted Lexus fan. I thought it would just be a dressed up Toyota, but Lexus really got it right. This car does everything!

the "feel good" ride
By rkworth on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

we just purchased a used 2000 rx300, and loved it so much, purchased another 1999. i was a die-hard nissan fan, but i have to say this is a great ride for the money. drive one, and you will want to own one. one thing i noticed later, lexus has 2 sound systems. nakamichi and i believe pioneer. if you can, get the nakamichi - it sounds better, and has more of a "punch". either way, the vehicle is a dream to drive.

satified sewell customer for life
By nlstraughter on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

This is a smooth riding vehicle with lots of comfort and style, ride in luxury , very dependable, holds its value.

Lexus RX300
By abcarroll3@juno.com on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Great car, fun to drive, sound system has great sound although the sound quality is not same when listening to the radio. The gas milage is low considering the size of the car at 14 mpg around town, but the car itself more than makes up for the low mileage.

Amazing
By River-buddy on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I've waited almost 5 years to own an RX300. I can't tell you how much I love my vehicle. It was so worth the wait. The comfort, style, handling, as well as the added ammenities... I can't say enough. I love that it handles the turns like a car, and that it has the get up and go that's required for extensive highway driving. Friends and family agree that it's one of the nicest cars they've been in. For those that I've allowed to drive my car, they all agree that the handling is wonderful.

The Best Brand New Used Car
By mzelenz on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

After searching for months for a new vehicle to replace my aging 91 Previa, we finally decided on a CPO Lexus RX 300. Couldn't be happier and more satisfied as the qualities and amenities we desired have been found in this SUV. Wanted Fun and Functionality and this delivers. AWD, Luxury interior, Sun Roof, Stereo, Heated Seats, Trunk Space, Roof Rack. And the key, best financing available on pre- owned which includes 3 years or 100K. Love this vehicle.

outstanding
By sergsg on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

excellent vehicle I have noto time for review> I just want to rate this vevicle as an excellent

Jury still out
By dray24 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I just purchased a certified 2000 model and I am not surr if i am sold yet. The turning radius is horrible and the fuel economy isnt that great either. The ride is smooth, but lacks in pep. The moonroof shade is the only problem i have with the interior because it is made out of shoddy materials and is too light, will move forward with sudden braking. The should haev added a compass as part of the info screen.