2000 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
2000 Lexus RX 300 4WD
By Tim on 03/05/08 13:07 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

Not too impressed by this car. Has lots of problems. Sensors go all the time, the ignition coils go a lot and they cost $95 a piece (6 of them will cost you close to $600 not including labor costs), if the check engine light comes on (which comes on all the time) the car will usually not shift into overdrive, the back spark plugs are almost impossible to change because the manifold is in the way and many many more. I thought Toyotas were reliable but I was wrong. I won't buy a Lexus or Toyota again.

Best suv ever.
By Stuart on 12/31/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

I love the car! It has plenty of power all around. The interior comfort is great for long trips. I love the way it drives like a sedan, but still feels like an suv. I also like the peace of mind its many safety features give you. The interior is surprisingly roomy and luxurious. It is the first car I've ever had that keeps reseling itself. The more I drive it the more I love it. I have had it for over eight years. I have never had a problem except for routine service. I am sold on Lexus quality. I still receive compliments on it all the time. Even after eight years it still doesn't look outdated at all. I also enjoy the lexus premium sound system and the six disc cd changer. It sounds great.

My RX 300 Rocks!
By RX350 Rocks on 08/25/07 06:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this used in California on vacation and shipped it to Indiana. Very fun to drive. And we can't believe it's almost 8 years old. Just got timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt changed at 97,000 miles. It drives like a new car and is good for another 100k! We plan on driving this for a very long time. We've been through two snowy winters and it drives great. Its styling still looks pretty modern and I like it a lot better than the 330. It's got no blind spots. One thing to note, check Toyota dealerships for major maintenance work...found to be a lot cheaper than Lexus dealers!

I love my Lexus!
By luv my lexus on 12/14/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car used and have had no problems with it at all. I take my RX 300 in regularly for oil changes and that's about it. I currently have 78k on the car now and hope to drive it for another 100 thousand miles or more! I would recommend this car used over many other brand new makes and models. Although my vehicle is almost 7 years old now, I trust it's reliability 100%.

Just about the best!
By HansMom on 11/12/06 20:35 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car used and have been extremely pleased. It is the perfect size, perfect height for getting in and out of, and handles beautifully in winter driving. We have had very few maintenance issues, though have put a little money into repairs. Our complaints: no shoulder strap for middle rear position, front seats don't adjust quite enough so that the seat is too flat for us, sometimes hesitant at fast accelerations... but one learns to drive it as is. Great car for nearly anyone, though you do find yourself at the gas pump fairly often! I would prefer this car as is over most newer makes and models. Visibility is better than with the newer RX 330.

7 years later still up to date
By toy4two on 08/22/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I really think the RX 300 is the best deal going in used cars. I test drove a 2006 Lexus GS and I found out the only feature missing in my 2000 RX 300 is cooling seats to go with my heated seats. Everything else is there, and being a Lexus, its all in the same place, HomeLink, seat heaters, wonderful ergonomics, great leather. It did have an in dash CD changer which was also a nice add on. But for the money, my 00 AWD is basically the same. Power was close, smoothness, quietness. About the only upgrade would be more wood on the interior. This car is boring though, I won't lie, its rock solid reliable but its like a reliable washing machine or some other appliance, not exactly sporty.

Love it
By tinkatpow on 07/21/06 07:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I have had my rx300 for a couple years now, and being almost 7 years old now, it still has up to date features and looks, very comfortable, and just a great car/suv. I have two kids now, and we're having more, so I have to upsize, and I really dont want to get rid of it.

Great car
By Liz on 05/12/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great little car. It handles the road well and is very comfortable. The only problem I have with it is the terrible turning radius and the small gas tank has to be filled up often twice a week.

Love my Lexus!
By Loretta on 08/04/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

All of my cars have been imports. A friend of mine is a car dealer and got this vehicle. Within minutes of seeing it, I drove it and told him to hold the car for me. Two days later, I turned my Camry over to him for the RX and I absolutely LOVE IT! I travel to Mexico frequently and it handles nicely on the dirt roads. I tend to agree with the other reviewers in that the gas mileage could be improved, but everything else the vehicle makes up for that little nuisance. If you're considering purchasing an RX, I would highly recommend it. It doesn't get any better than a Japanese-made vehicle if you're looking for reliability. I say "I did find a better car and I did buy it!"

Lexus RX300
By Lexus on 07/12/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I put a lot of miles on my car for work. The Lexus is comfortable for long trips and isn't as bad on gas as the larger sport utilities. The additional addons like sunroof, six disc changer, and heated leather seats just add to the enjoyment of driving this car.