Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Great SUV
By Steve

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Great SUV. Drives like a car and performs like a SUV. Very dependable and fun to drive. Having a few problems, fuel coils, windshield washer motor, wiring harness, less than 80k.

Style and comfort. Good looking vehicle.

Turning radius, small gas tank, fuel economy, 6 cd changer in glove box makes a lot of noise, ugly tail lights, I mean ugly. Newer models all of this fixed (or at least made better). Except newer models 2004 and up not a nice looking overall.

rx300
By RX300RN

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I only service my RX300 at this dealership based on their reliability and quality of work. In addition the personnel have been gracious and professional over the 10 yrs of ownership As an RN I know from experience the importance of qualities such as these in providing reliability and confidence as well as a level of luxury. I have driven this vehicle in treacherous driving conditions, including weather and traffic situations and marveled at the performance. Urban conditions are also more manageable because of the improved visibility from the drivers seat. Great Vehicle, Lexus!

Moon roof, height/access seats and back

Use of dials for radio and accessory instruments. cup holder design, trunk latch

Lexus RX 300 2000
By pbowman

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

The transmission went out without warning. I called Lexus, they said sorry about your luck. It will cost me $4200 to start for a reconditioned transmission. My mechanic said this model transmission is in such demand they are difficult to find. The name Lexus is nothing to me now!

Bad Transmission
By Liz

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I just got in to this 2000 Rx 300 and was great it had 113k now over 1 month of driving have 115K and the transmission is gone, I love the suv but a lots of friend said that after 100k trans goes bad , I hope some one told me that before I got in to this pay in cash over $9,000 and now new trans. is a very bad luck or they have this problem and no one report this? please let the consumer to know about this before we keep putting our money on trash.

Is a very strong SUV and comfy, very Luxury and I like it but I don't like to put more money in this car is to much money!

please make better transmissions and report to the consumer whats good or bad so we know what we are getting for our money.

2000 Lexus RX300
By scott R

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

Common problem with this model is transmission failure at 90k - 130k. Well, mine failed at 144,000k. This is a low end Lexus and would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Interior design, interior features.

Transmission re-design.