Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

185,000 Miles with ZERO Problems
By ethanh18

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

My lexus has over 185,000 miles on it and is still running great! We have had no major repairs besides maintenance, I would highly recommend this car

Sun roof, heated seats, all wheel drive and great sound system

rx 300 lexus
By kosudo

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

i had transmission probrum 53,000 miles replaced new one after 50,000miles later transmission fell again in right middle of in death valley ca. it was so bad we had to wait 3 hours to toeing truck to arrive.i called lexus on thursday 4-16-20013 they told me get back to me on tuesday on 4-23-20013 still no answer. they told me to wait one more day. i am so angry about whole thing taking such long time to get back to me. i have rental car, have to return.

Lexus RX300 Transmission
By abonte1

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

After reading reviews I thought I would add to the pot. My Lexus RX 300 SUV transmission recently went out and is in the shop as I type. Waiting for the transmission place to give me an estimate. He has had it and had to break it down. It needs to be replaced he said but is still calculating the parts and labor. I hate to hear what that is...I thought these were long lasting cars if you kept up the maintenance, which is why I bought it. It has 170K miles, so I guess it did last a bit longer than some of the others I read on the blog. I hope it runs like it use to or better after they replace this transmission.

Seating

Build better transmissions and other parts that you have gotten many complaints about.

Great SUV
By Steve

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Great SUV. Drives like a car and performs like a SUV. Very dependable and fun to drive. Having a few problems, fuel coils, windshield washer motor, wiring harness, less than 80k.

Style and comfort. Good looking vehicle.

Turning radius, small gas tank, fuel economy, 6 cd changer in glove box makes a lot of noise, ugly tail lights, I mean ugly. Newer models all of this fixed (or at least made better). Except newer models 2004 and up not a nice looking overall.

rx300
By RX300RN

2000 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I only service my RX300 at this dealership based on their reliability and quality of work. In addition the personnel have been gracious and professional over the 10 yrs of ownership As an RN I know from experience the importance of qualities such as these in providing reliability and confidence as well as a level of luxury. I have driven this vehicle in treacherous driving conditions, including weather and traffic situations and marveled at the performance. Urban conditions are also more manageable because of the improved visibility from the drivers seat. Great Vehicle, Lexus!

Moon roof, height/access seats and back

Use of dials for radio and accessory instruments. cup holder design, trunk latch

• SUV