2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
rx 300 lexus
By kosudo on 04/23/13 21:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

i had transmission probrum 53,000 miles replaced new one after 50,000miles later transmission fell again in right middle of in death valley ca. it was so bad we had to wait 3 hours to toeing truck to arrive.i called lexus on thursday 4-16-20013 they told me get back to me on tuesday on 4-23-20013 still no answer. they told me to wait one more day. i am so angry about whole thing taking such long time to get back to me. i have rental car, have to return.

Great SUV
By Steve on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

Great SUV. Drives like a car and performs like a SUV. Very dependable and fun to drive. Having a few problems, fuel coils, windshield washer motor, wiring harness, less than 80k.

Transmission went at 78000
By inetd on 08/17/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

Transmission went at 78000. Warranty is 70k/7yrs, and Lexus sticks to those numbers. This is a low-end basic Toyota transmission that Lexus loaded up with weight and gadgets. We know lots of people that have had 2x transmissions by 100k miles, some with 3x transmissions. It's the car's weak point for sure. Engine has had class action lawsuit for sludge/failure. Dealers still deny there's a problem - they're told to be quiet about it. Transmission class action is next. 2WD reliability is poor, 4WD reliability is abysmal

LuvMyRX!!!
By LuvMyRX on 05/20/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

I've had this car for 3 years now. I purchased it certified pre-owned from the dealership and I still love it. All my friends want to drive my car. No one believes me when I tell them it's a 2000 vehicle. Handles great with very comfortable seats. The cargo space is great. The back seats fold down easily and the only problem is that it's so roomy, it can't always take all the weight for home improvement projects!

Best suv ever.
By Stuart on 12/31/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

I love the car! It has plenty of power all around. The interior comfort is great for long trips. I love the way it drives like a sedan, but still feels like an suv. I also like the peace of mind its many safety features give you. The interior is surprisingly roomy and luxurious. It is the first car I've ever had that keeps reseling itself. The more I drive it the more I love it. I have had it for over eight years. I have never had a problem except for routine service. I am sold on Lexus quality. I still receive compliments on it all the time. Even after eight years it still doesn't look outdated at all. I also enjoy the lexus premium sound system and the six disc cd changer. It sounds great.

satified sewell customer for life
By nlstraughter on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

This is a smooth riding vehicle with lots of comfort and style, ride in luxury , very dependable, holds its value.

outstanding
By sergsg on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

excellent vehicle I have noto time for review> I just want to rate this vevicle as an excellent

Going for my 2nd RX300
By lexus lover on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

Great vehicle. No problems in 3 years. Lexus service is outstanding. Interior quality high.

The best of the Best
By Jakehoo on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

Switched from an Avalon to the RX300. Very pleased with this decision.

Lexus 300 Drives Like a 400 Series Sedan
By nukkles on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

This is my fourth year with the Lexus 300 and I couldn't be happier. I'm sometimes tempted to trade it in for a new one but, except for a few more bells and whistles, they are exactly the same. Great car! Plenty of room. My dogs love being able to roam around the back.