1999 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Review: Lexus saved our lives!!

1999 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Lexus saved our lives!!
By lexusluver on

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

Owned a 1999 Lexus Rx 300 for five years. Three weeks ago my husband and I was hit from behind by a full sized pick up while sitting at a stop light,then pushed into another SUV in front of us. The police report said that the driver of the pick up never even noticed us and never slowed down and hit us doing 45mph. Although we received back/neck injuries, we feel that because we were driving our Lexus, it saved our lives. A police officer and a fireman both called our Lexus a "little tank" and told me that we were lucky to be driving it. we were told it could have more serious. We are definitely purchasing another Lexus as soon as we settle with insurance co. Miss our Lexy!

Favorite Features

safety first and foremost as I stated in my review. Love the stereo. Love how it is a SUV but drives like a car. Like sitting higher and the visibility. have taken it on very long road trips several times and it is very comfortable to drive and sit in for long periods of time. Love just about everything about it. Not bad mpg for a SUV. Again. feel it is one of the safest vehicles on the road. husband is 6'4 and has plenty of head/leg room. Also, son is 6'4 and has plenty of leg room in the back seat. Love this SUV!!

Suggested Improvements

turning radius is too wide and don't like where the CD department is which is located in the glove box.