1999 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Review: Lexus RX 300 ,1999 RX 300 8 Y

1999 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Lexus RX 300 ,1999 RX 300 8 YEAR REVIEW
By PowerhousePaluch on

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this RX 300 brand new, this was my first Japanese built vehicle, having owned, VWs, Volvos, Audis and BMWs and one Chev Corsica. Just as we were driving off the lot. I remember the salesperson saying "you will not have any problems with this car for the next 7 years" I thought, ok Buddy, I already bought and paid you stop the sales pitch. He was right, for the next 7 years I only had to do the scheduled maintenance and put gas in it. I am now going to trade it in. It is now 9 years old and has 146,000 km, but still looks good. I will buy another Lexus. Problems that I had with my 1999 RX 300, you ask? See suggested improvements.

RX 300, comfort, fuel economy, engine and tranny, dealer service, driving a premium vehicle with out the status symbol. Ease of getting in and out of the vehicle, paint, full size spare, stereo, controls well placed, well built SUV.

Problems: cheap power locks and keys - 1500$ to replace/recode all, turning radius, leather seats show signs of use quickly, rear hatch too low on the sides, terrible and cheap cupholders, seat belts are notorious for twisting and jamming up. Hard to access the oil filter.