1999 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Review: Great Vehicle for a Great Pric

1999 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Great Vehicle for a Great Price!
By Satisfied on

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV AWD

The vehicle was purchased in 2003 with 89k miles. It now has 150k miles and still runs like a champ. Keeping the regular maintenance, I expect another 150k miles. Hope to give the car to my one year old daughter when she's of age. It's extremely reliable in going up and down Stevens and Snoqualmie Passes in Washington. The AWD allows for great traction even in the most extreme cases, superb handling in inclement weather. The car has needed a new starter, battery, and minor. Belts and plugs were changed at suggested intervals. No major repairs or maintenance. I would recommend maintaining the car yourself, the dealership is just too expensive and not necessary.

Favorite Features

Power seats, heated seats, All windows are automatic, and moon roof. ABS, traction control, and the fact its not huge. The tow package is great for hauling trailers, jet skis, and smaller boats. The leather seats are an ease to clean, dog hair, baby spit, etc, wipe right off with no fuss.

Suggested Improvements

Add third row seating for 7-8 people (still not in the latest versions of this vehicle). My family is growing and personnel capacity is important. I'd purchase a 7-8 person RX in a heartbeat. Other than that, the latest versions of the vehicle have added a lot of improvements over the 1999 model.