1999 Lexus RX 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
My 99 RX 300 Performance
By chev769 on 02/11/08 21:02 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

No major problems. 90,000 miles. Change oil EVERY 3,500 miles. Minor problems: one seat belt, mass air flow sensor, rear trunk latch (asked for fix from day one; it broke after 8 years); am radio poor. Biggest repair has been starter contacts. My wife would never have driven any other car nine years (and counting). Perfect for her, and for two old folks with children gone. I am trying to hold off till 2010 for the next one I MUST buy for my wife.

99 Lexus RX300
By Lyle D. Mitchell on 11/16/04 18:48 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

2nd owner of this 1999 RX300. Everything was fine until the auto trans went out at 77,800 miles with no warning. Lexus remanufact trans costs $5000. This failure was very disappointing.

Lexus RX 300 AWD review
By lovethatmustang on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Love it...great to take my dogs with me. Low enough for them to jump in, High enough for me to feel safe

The Best SUV ever!!!
By vinster29 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

The Lexus RX300 sets the standard for all of the other SUV's on the market. Even with all of the copycats out there, their is still not other cross- over SUV like the RX300. People are always telling me how nice my RX looks even though they just came out with the RX330. Lexus has outdone themselves with this vehicle!!

1999 Lexus RX300
By R Giles on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

This is a luxurious car that still has the size and safety of an SUV. The car has been very reliable and almost defect free. Lexus did do warrenty repair work on the fuel intake system and the exhaust manifold. I would definitely buy another one.

RX300 Pretty Damn Fun
By acknbad on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

As a devoted Chevy truck man, it was fun and easy to switch over to the front-drive RX.

Love It
By HTown on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

I recently purchased a RX300 with 50K + miles, but to this day not problems. The comfort is exceptional and it handles really well, with the exception of U-turns the raduis is not that good. All in all I have enjoyed and people are very impressed with it's luxurious feel and look.

My first Lexus
By sp8891 on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

I bought this used with 50,000 miles...have put on 10, 000 since. Great ride, luxury feel, but still functional. I especially like that it's lower to the ground to get into but high enough to see the road ahead clearly. I drove an Infiniti Q45 before this one, and was sure I would miss it, but I am happier with this small SUV and would buy it again.

comfort and quality
By mroberts on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Overall this is an excellent vehicle for someone who doesn't go off-road but wants a less than full size sport wagon. It rides very well, shows excellent construction and has a super dealer network that treats you like royalty. The only negatives I have found are the short turning radius, more wind noise than I expected in a Lexus when on the highway and the plastic interior moulding/trim that is prone to scratches.

Bad Battery - AGAIN!!!
By DissappointedInFL on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus RX 300 4dr SUV

Nuerous problems with battery and electrical system. Spent several days in dealers shop on numerous occaisons.