2015 Lexus RC F Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lexus RC F - Consumer Reviews

2015 Lexus RC F

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Keeps Getting Better!
By David Stults

2015 Lexus RC F 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've had the 2015 for a month, and every time I drive it I fall in love with another feature or come to enjoy more deeply the sheer performance. She's a rocket for sure, with a certain set of balls that tells those at the valet station you have arrived. I've owned a MB SL550, the BMW 3M, and this is better all the way around.

The RC-F Has Alot Going For It.
By Ron Palick

2015 Lexus RC F 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Ok, so let me say there are a lot of choices in this type of car category, however, if you are looking for something that has "Snap your Head Back performance', excellent build quality, and an interior that reflects an attention to detail , this is going to be a car you should take a close look at. Better yet, take it for a drive, you will be suitably impressed. Before purchasing this car, I owned my first Lexus, an RC 350 F Sport, a nice car no doubt. However, while the RC -350 is nice, the six cylinder just did not do it for me. I looked at the M4 and then Came back to Look at the RC-F. Yes, the M-4 is a nice car and has a lot going for it , however, so did the RC-F. While the RC-F is heavier, there were four things which won the day. The first is the V-8. When you fire this up in the morning you know you are riding a rocket as this baby really rumbles to life. The second thing that is really attractive, is the over all design and lines to this vehicle. I see all kinds of BMW's and the body shape and size all looks very similar, not the RC-F, this has a very distinctive look to it. Third, is the interior and seating. The attention to detail in this interior is flawless, something I think Lexus has dialed in. Finally let me say the overall performance of this car is truly breath taking. Dial; this in to Sport + mode and its ready to rip. Now I will never take this on a track, but lets just say when you put your foot into it, the rocket ship takes off. Are there faster cars out there. Yes, no doubt and while you could look at any one thing and say its no big deal, I think when you put them all together they made a compelling reason for me to purchase the RC-F. Okay, as with all things there are some things I don't like, or, feel they could be drastically improved on. The first is the Navi Screen. I would like to see a bigger one . The M-4's Navi looked nicer. The other thing I would like to see improved is a faster shifting transmission. No doubt when you are in Sport plus mode this does does shift faster, however in my opinion it could be improved upon, nevertheless to me this was not a deal breaker. I think at the end of the day the RC-F delivers performance and quality. for me, whats not to like?

RC F--Exceptional Balance of Luxury and Performanc
By MP

2015 Lexus RC F 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Are you looking for a masterpiece V8 in a singular design with exceptional handling, acceleration, and curb appeal? This is my second F, the first being the IS F. This is a world-class machine with exceptional handling and performance. The car will run head-to-head with the M4 and defeat the RS5.

If you are looking for a car that will run 4.3 0-60 mph runs all day and climb to 176 mph in 40 seconds, this is the ride. Road & Track's Motown Mile had the RC F beating the M4 and RS5. The Motortrend Head-to-Head on the Streets of Willow had the M4 and RC F finishing in a near dead heat with Randy Pobst driving.

The RC F will destroy most tracks, if that is your thing, but most of us will drive it 363 days per year to the office and 2 days per year on a track. And if you just want a daily driver with a huge fun factor, this too is your ride.

The RC F carbon TVD is a virtual slot car on hairpin corners and is faster than the Torsen, but either car will deliver the thrills and luxury.

I unequivocally recommend the new RC F to any driving enthusiast!

The RC-F is a 9.5 out of 10!
By Joel Alberto

2015 Lexus RC F 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Lexus did well with their "racing coupe". The sheet metal has a flowing sexy shape that doesn't look like other cars on the road. Aside from the unique styling cues, the engine sounds as awesome as it performs. The technology inside is overflowing from the infotainment system to the instrument cluster that changes from Economy- Normal - Sport - Sport + (or "beast mode"). Who knew that Lexus had an aggressive side?

Aside from the powerful engine, I love the technology!

Drop the curb weight to 3600 lbs. Offer deep dish 20" or 21" rims. Liven up the manual controls for the infotainment system. Turbocharged V8 would kill the M4 and RS5.