2015 Lexus NX 200t Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lexus NX 200t - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NX 200t model:

NX is ..... perfect for me
By 6789

2015 Lexus NX 200t 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Newest addition to the LEXUS crossover/SUV fleet. Bought a 2016 and keep finding myself saying, "This car is perfect." It's not for those wanting V6 power, but NX is always ready to run. Very agile, superb electronics, flawless interior, great ride over heavy frost heaves, quiet, and will in a few years will be outselling its big brother RX. Not because RX is lacking, but because NX offers so much while also handling far better than RX and costing about $8,000 less at base MSRP.

Almost got it right
By Gene H.

2015 Lexus NX 200t F SPORT 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My NX 200t F Sport is a great small SUV... with a couple of poor ideas. Quick, silky smooth, and quiet best describe the performance. Feels and accelerates like a V6. Nicely appointed interior put together with quality materials. You either like the edgy styling... or you hate it! I like the look. Decent fuel economy for a turbo (I average 21 mpg around town, 28 on the road, with a best tank of 32 mpg. Wish the fuel tank held 18 - 20 gallons, instead of 15.9. The fuel warning light comes on with more than 3 gallons still in the tank... that's a bit too early for my liking! No repair or maintenance costs yet... first two services are included. Can put my road bicycle in the back without removing the front wheel! Two things cause my rating to be less than five stars. First, the "charging pad"! Kind of useless with the charging ports and takes up too much of the limited storage space. Get rid of it! My biggest complaint is reserved for the interface with the GPS system! It's terrible! I would rather use my smart phone than try and put an address in the vehicle's GPS. Trying to put the cursor on the proper number or letter... and have it stay there long enough to input takes a steady hand... and some luck!

Infotainment System is VERY DANGEROUS
By Matthew Spencer

2015 Lexus NX 200t 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Maddening and VERY DANGEROUS . We own a 2010 Rx and had no issues. THIS THING IS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!! It connects and disconnects phone, then tells you the problem is in your phone...yeah right...I believed it the first few times and got so distracted trying to get phone to work I ALMOST CRASHED SEVERAL TIMES..right after I hang up on a call..next one won't work...sometimes.. The cursor jumps around on its own...ITS "MOSTLY" FRONT WHEEL DRIVE NOT TRUE AWD....MASSIVE TORQUE STEER..have contacted dealer and there is no fix. Even finding out if the stereo is ON is horribly complicated. One pushes the button and waits..several seconds.....for it to tell you the unit WAS on but you just turned it off....huh???? PERHAPS MY RUN WITH TOYOTA SINCE 1971 is OVER.

Love it
By Betsy

2015 Lexus NX 200t F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I downgraded in size from my VW Touareg. I went with the F-Sport model and couldn't be happier. Average over 21 mpg. The NX 200t is fun to drive, sporty and sassy. I'm an aggressive driver and it doesn't disappoint. I'm a small person and the seats are highly adjustable so as to maintain good high visibility. This is a fun, well-designed and comfortable car. My only complaints are that the Lexus Enform entertainment system is TERRIBLE and Lexus didn't offer heads up display in the US.

Oz didn't do nothing for...the Tin Man...
By John

2015 Lexus NX 200t 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The vehicle I drove, while being attractively outfitted in a brilliant white exterior with a flaxon interior, left me disappointed by the somewhat under-powered "tinny" feel of the 4-cylinder engine, and even more disappointed by the extremely cheap sounding audio system. While that may be an "entry-level" system, it was constantly displaying harmonic distortion, and clearly was not up the level of quality I would have expected of such a prestigious brand as Lexus. The interior is well done however, and rivals the larger RX models for ergonomics. Would still consider the NX, but would recommend the NX300h Hybrid version for the better fuel economy as well as the additional instant power available. Perhaps something larger than the 2.0, say a small V-6 in the NX200T would rectify the power shortage for those of us not wanting to always have to get into the Turbo for passing, accelerating onto on-ramps, etc.