Dont buy or lease this SUV for this PRICE !!!!!!!!
By luvkarz on
2011 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I'm SO glad im leasing this LX. I got out lease on MB GL 450 on Nov. 2010. Me and my wife loved it. My wife wanted to lease new GL but I wanted to something diff. We were almost got Range Rover but with 3 children (5, 3yrs, amd 6 months) it was little small. Only 2 reasons to lease this - got pretty good deal b/c I knew the GM at Lexus dealer and never had Lexus SUV. After 3100 miles, I really dont like this SUV for THIS PRICE RANGE !!!!! If this is $50k range then it's acceptable. AGAIN NOT OVER $70k SUV !!! Here is why - 1. doesnt feel solid as GL 2. Horrible connectivity on bluetooth - other person can not hear well 3. ROAD NOISE compared to GL. 4. Doesnt feel like this $75k Luxury SUV
Favorite Features
Again THIS IS NOT OVER $70k SUV !!!!!! It was my worst regretful decision I ever made on car. Don't make same mistake I did !!! unless you are getting for less than $50k on brand new.
By twmark
on 02/11/11 18:53 PM (PST)

GL is great for cruising in suburbia but the LX is great for off-roading

By mahndoo
on 09/10/11 10:00 AM (PDT)

everyone know that lexus has better reliability and less cost of ownership when you "OWN" the car. As I mentioned in my post I'm "LEASING" beside I never had a single problem with my 8 German Cars (porsche, bmw, audi, and MB) that i leased. Last GL that i leased had 42000 miles on it and no problem & I only paid 3 oil changes. Didnt pay any service fee b/c i had good relationship with dealer. If you dont wanna spend money on any luxury car then you shouldnt even buy brand new car. My point of last post was Lexus LX is OVER price. Its great SUV if the price is mid-high $50k. NOT over $75k MSRP. The quality of LX is not as good as GL PERIOD

By dlcole76054
on 06/22/11 13:56 PM (PDT)

How does the GL compare to the LX in reliability? My take on the GL (and other German cars) is that they are high maintenance and can be unreliable vs Lexus (or Toyota). What's the cost of ownership at 100,000 miles for each? Having had both MB and Audis, hitting the shop was a painful experience...

By abidsid
on 09/20/11 08:58 AM (PDT)

You do not even know waht are you talking about. I have had GL and ML. I also had Land rover range rover and LR3. they suck!!!!!1 they quality and reliabilty sucks on german cars. i have had Lx 570 2011 for three months and could not be happier to get one. German and English cars are really high maintenance and no treliable as well. I had a lexus car couple of years back and was very very happy with reliabilty of it. I think lexus is best for the price tag. u got luck iwth your GL do not sit on it pass it over. german cars cannot be relied upon.

By mahndoo
on 09/22/11 20:18 PM (PDT)

READ READ WHAT I WROTE!!!!!!!!! "abidsid" CAN YOU NOT READ !!!!! I wrote "everyone know that lexus has better reliability and less cost of ownership when you "OWN" the car" Beacause I know that german car has POOR reliability and MORE cost of ownership down the road, I'M LEASING LEASING so that dont have to spend any major problem. Do you get it now?! Let me give you perfect example, "Consumer report review VS. Motor Trend review" I think it was last issue in Motor Trend they did comparsion test btw VW passett vs Honda Accord vs Hyundai Sonata. VW got 1st place BUT if this comparison was done by Consumer report either Honda or Hyundai will win b/c they are more reliable car. Let me put it this way I'm a Motor Trend guy not Consumer report guy, looking for more quality of car and fun factor than reliablity. just like I choose to lease M3 over IS-F.

By mahndoo
on 09/22/11 20:25 PM (PDT)

By the way couple year back Motor trend did comparison test between luxury large SUVs MB GL got 1st place.

By templeton3
on 11/22/11 21:20 PM (PST)

You buy Lexus for reliability, buy Mercedes for safety. Neither of the two has both safety and reliability in one product.