Used 2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Lx-570 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Best vehicle
By chiggy1

2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Lexus, the first two were LX 470's and after I sold the last one I decided to get a two year old Rang Rover Sport (supercharged) for a change. And what a change, overheating problems, brakes binding requiring new pads and rotors after 30,000Km and a leaking sunroof that caused a wiring short inside the passenger side quarter panel. Looked good and was reasonably comfortable and was incredibly fast with that supercharger, but horribly let down by reliability issues. I then decided that for that kind of money I should get something I know would be reliable like my two previous Lexus's. I wasn't disappointed and have found the LX 570 to be many times nicer than the the 470

Favorite Features

Great driving position, comfortable seats, heaps of great gadgets, lots of safety items, great powerful motor and six speed gearbox.

LX-570 Review - I Love This Car!
By ashron

2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It has been 3 years and 60,000 miles since I purchased my 2010 Lexus LX 570 brand new from Lexus dealership in Santa Monica, California. The more I drive my LX, the more I am convinced that I made the right choice! When I did my search for a new car, my only requirements were to drive a large luxury SUV. As an owner of 2 companies that drives approximately 20,000 miles a year, my needs were "Luxury" and "Utility". I test drove BMW's X5, Mercedes GL-450, Land Rover, The Audi Q7, Cadillac Escalade, and the Lincoln Navigator. In my opinion, the LX-570 had many advantages over the others. It's ride was the smoothest and quietest. It was COMFORTABLE! (Extremely comfortable in fact) Ergonomically, none of the others came even close. It's navigation with Destination Assist was by far the most advanced and easiest to use. (I use it all the time and love it). Fit and finish and especially reliability are second to none. It's size was also very appealing to me. It's not too big such as the Escalade and Navigator, and yet it's still big enough for a 3rd row seat. It's also very wide and roomy inside which I really like. The European SUVs on the other hand, felt very narrow and tight and many lacked the 3rd row seat. I have had the opportunity to drive my LX in various driving conditions. From day to day L.A. traffic, to a 300+ mile drive in stormy rain and snow thru windy mountain roads and even driving all the way to Montana and back with 5 adults and fully loaded with gear. (5500 miles in 19 days to visit all the major national parks in the western states, including, Yellow Stone, Teton, Glacier, Olympic, Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helen, Redwood Forest, etc) I have also done several day long trips to various other cities such as Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson and San Francisco to name just a few. (I do several trade shows each year) In all my travels, whether I'm driving thru the desert at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or in inclement weather, I find the LX comfortable, luxurious, quiet, smooth and reassuring.

Favorite Features

Reliability and Maintenance: To date, I have had no issues or problems with my car. Other than normal scheduled maintenance, I have replaced my brakes and tires only once. (Tires at approx 40,000 miles and brakes at 45,000 miles) I always service my car at my local Lexus dealership and I have always been very satisfied with their work and customer service.

Suggested Improvements

When "Low Fuel" light comes on the computer shows "Distance to Empty" = 8 miles. Even when distance to empty = 0 miles, the tank appears to still have 20% of its fuel left. Better calibration of the "Low Fuel" warning system would have been nice. When I fold the middle row seats forward to carry large cargo items they are folded forward against the back seats of the driver and front passenger. But they have no mechanism to lock them in the upright folded position. So every time I press the gas or the brakes, the seats swing forward and backward bumping into the two front seats. I solved this by securing them to the front seat's headrests using a bungee cord. Maybe solved on future models?

Perfection
By Betty

2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very Happy with my purchase. Test drove Range Rover, LR4, and H2, none of with could come close in any category. Center Consul Cool Box is convenient.

Favorite Features

Cool box

Suggested Improvements

Locking Front, Center, and Rear Differentials. Offer two captains chairs in the rear with a cool box freeing the front center consul.

Very Pleased
By Tom

2010 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Almost purchased another G55 AMG but am glad I didn't. The Lexus is far better for on road comfort then the Benz,and the off-roading is about the same. Its also far better looking in and out and boast more amenities. Very Glad I made the switch.

Favorite Features

Ride

Suggested Improvements

Option for no third row seat at all for perfect flat load floor