2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )
The Rolls Royce of 4x4's!
By wbroussard on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

WOW! WOW! Ive owned a MB S class and several BMW 7's and in any weather this is what I want to be in as it's the safest and has the best build quality of any vehicle Ive ever owned.

The velvet beast
By WJB on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my land cruiser which I love for the lx570. This vehicle has everything the lc had plus more! The ability to adjust the suspensions firmness and the auto height adjustment helps my wife, mom and kids get in/out is what sets this vehicle apart. When driving it immediately feels like a solid highly engineered and reliable machine. I see why a lot of people never sell these vehicle once they own them.

Not what I expected :(
By Jenny on 10/07/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was SOOOO excited when I heard that the full size Lexus was getting redesigned. Everyone I know who has the LX470 simply LOVES it. I had a baby in August and waited for the new one to come out. I was really disappointed. The interior is not very comfortable. I have had many issues with the electronic system (it seems to have a mind of its own). The built in blue tooth is difficult to set up and once set up, the receiver has a VERY difficult time hearing you. For some crazy reason, I did not test drive any other SUV. This, I feel was a huge mistake. I am not sure how long I will keep this car. It is a shame, because I was very excited to have my own LX570.

Disappointed
By disappointed on 07/18/08 04:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drives ok not near as smooth as the LX 470. Seats are hard seems like you feel every bump in the road. Audio system doesn't sound as good as 470 and it has more speakers. As far as the redesign body it looks like a nice looking Toyota highlander. Why fix something that's not broken!!

Best SUV I've EVER Owned
By JB in OC on 06/27/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started with a 4Runner in 1999 and was sold on Toyota quality. Later traded in for a GX470 and loved it even more due to the move to a V8 which the 4Runner then didn't offer. Left Toyota for a GMC Denali, too big and poorly crafted, but looked great on 24"s. Bought wife a MB GL470 and love it, and thought of buying another for myself until I found out the LX570 was available. By far the best thing out there. The Range Rover is close, but the quality and ride outshine the RR all day. The RR gets you Valet credits here in the OC, but the car is for me, not them...and the LX570 does not ever dissapoint. Power 3rd row was a very nice improvement. Air suspension and towing is top notch!!!

Animal power
By highperformance on 05/26/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have put 10K miles in driving on my LX 570 in 3 months. This truck reaches its zone at 70+ miles an hour. Passing on two way rural roads at that speed, you have to watch it as it crosses 100 MPH in blink of an eye, feeling solidly stable, quiet and effortless at 120 MPH. I had to install a K40 radar because this truck loves to sneak up in speed. Although peppy, it is not geared for low speed torque but has plenty of headroom at high speed.

A Graceful Hippopotamus
By DBK on 05/20/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This car was bought for my wife; I drive a Porsche Cayenne. I think it is wise to point out a few differences in the vehicles. 1. This Lexus is really big and bulky. It does everything you want, but there is no escaping the fact that this is a large truck based SUV. The acceleration and handling is not as good as our other vehicle. The interior is quiet, but not as quiet as a nice sedan. I read one review that described it as a graceful hippopotamus and I think that sums it up perfectly. If you are looking for a capable, big, strong SUV, then this is the one for you. If you are looking for performance and agility, then I think the Porsche Cayenne beats it hands down.

2008 Lexus LX 570
By PSB on 04/29/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Lexus LX 570 seems to have every luxury feature you can want and more. The built-in HDD sound system is very nice. Although, I wish you could access the album list will driving. The new blue tooth and navigation system is much improved from my 2006 GS 430. I could not be happier with the purchase.

Smarter Than Your Average Ride
By cockpitt29223 on 03/19/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Took delivery in Janurary 2008. Available color was starfire, my last LX was also white, but that is where the comparison ends. More power, great highway acceleration and smooth ride. I have only mastered about 50% of the features this ride offers,but it is fun to experiment. Gas mileage is in the 15 MPG range around town, which is better than the old model.

Outstanding Vehicle
By paul zeck on 02/27/08 03:04 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LX 570 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Most recent vehicle was '04 LX 470. While this was as dependable and quality of a ride you could ever want, it was lacking in several important ways - most of which were totally worked out with the new LX 570. The 3 greatest improvements go to my pet peeves. 1) More power. The 470 was grossly underpowered and that is a thing of the past. New Tundra power plant & transmission work perfectly. Mindful of the seamless power of SL500 Merc. 2) 4 Zone heating & a/c controls. Old system seemed to have a mind of its own. New design again seems to have "nailed" the problem 3) At 6'1", 240 the 470 never was completely comfortable. Again new interior design is right on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.