Used 2008 Lexus LX 570 Base Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus LX 570 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus LX 570

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

168K miles and drives like new
By Josiah Kuenzi

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Take care of this vehicle and it will last a long time. Very reliable. Mine still looks and drives like new. I upgraded from LX470 as I needed the 8500lb towing capacity. The extra power and acceleration is nice. It does drive more like a truck than the lx470, but it soaks up the bumps very well, better than the 2010 F150 4X4 I had. No comparison, this is a much smoother ride close to a car. Build quality of materials is second to none.

The Rolls Royce of 4x4's!
By wbroussard

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

WOW! WOW! Ive owned a MB S class and several BMW 7's and in any weather this is what I want to be in as it's the safest and has the best build quality of any vehicle Ive ever owned.

The adjustable vehicle height feature. The engine.The seats are the most comfortable. This is a Highway Star!

Larger fuel tank. 28 gallon would be perfect.

The velvet beast
By WJB

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my land cruiser which I love for the lx570. This vehicle has everything the lc had plus more! The ability to adjust the suspensions firmness and the auto height adjustment helps my wife, mom and kids get in/out is what sets this vehicle apart. When driving it immediately feels like a solid highly engineered and reliable machine. I see why a lot of people never sell these vehicle once they own them.

3 suspension settings and the height adjustment.

NONE

Not what I expected :(
By Jenny

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was SOOOO excited when I heard that the full size Lexus was getting redesigned. Everyone I know who has the LX470 simply LOVES it. I had a baby in August and waited for the new one to come out. I was really disappointed. The interior is not very comfortable. I have had many issues with the electronic system (it seems to have a mind of its own). The built in blue tooth is difficult to set up and once set up, the receiver has a VERY difficult time hearing you. For some crazy reason, I did not test drive any other SUV. This, I feel was a huge mistake. I am not sure how long I will keep this car. It is a shame, because I was very excited to have my own LX570.

Exterior is nice, display inside is nice. The touch screen is easy to navigate

My nav. system does not have "real time" traffic. Comfort in the seats. Heated steering wheel that coincides with the heated seats. Fold down third row that is flush with the floor board. Leather that does not stain from denim.

Disappointed
By disappointed

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drives ok not near as smooth as the LX 470. Seats are hard seems like you feel every bump in the road. Audio system doesn't sound as good as 470 and it has more speakers. As far as the redesign body it looks like a nice looking Toyota highlander. Why fix something that's not broken!!