Used 2008 Lexus LX 570 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus Lx-570 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus LX 570

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

The Rolls Royce of 4x4's!
By wbroussard

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

WOW! WOW! Ive owned a MB S class and several BMW 7's and in any weather this is what I want to be in as it's the safest and has the best build quality of any vehicle Ive ever owned.

Favorite Features

The adjustable vehicle height feature. The engine.The seats are the most comfortable. This is a Highway Star!

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel tank. 28 gallon would be perfect.

The velvet beast
By WJB

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my land cruiser which I love for the lx570. This vehicle has everything the lc had plus more! The ability to adjust the suspensions firmness and the auto height adjustment helps my wife, mom and kids get in/out is what sets this vehicle apart. When driving it immediately feels like a solid highly engineered and reliable machine. I see why a lot of people never sell these vehicle once they own them.

Favorite Features

3 suspension settings and the height adjustment.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Not what I expected :(
By Jenny

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was SOOOO excited when I heard that the full size Lexus was getting redesigned. Everyone I know who has the LX470 simply LOVES it. I had a baby in August and waited for the new one to come out. I was really disappointed. The interior is not very comfortable. I have had many issues with the electronic system (it seems to have a mind of its own). The built in blue tooth is difficult to set up and once set up, the receiver has a VERY difficult time hearing you. For some crazy reason, I did not test drive any other SUV. This, I feel was a huge mistake. I am not sure how long I will keep this car. It is a shame, because I was very excited to have my own LX570.

Favorite Features

Exterior is nice, display inside is nice. The touch screen is easy to navigate

Suggested Improvements

My nav. system does not have "real time" traffic. Comfort in the seats. Heated steering wheel that coincides with the heated seats. Fold down third row that is flush with the floor board. Leather that does not stain from denim.

Disappointed
By disappointed

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drives ok not near as smooth as the LX 470. Seats are hard seems like you feel every bump in the road. Audio system doesn't sound as good as 470 and it has more speakers. As far as the redesign body it looks like a nice looking Toyota highlander. Why fix something that's not broken!!

Best SUV I've EVER Owned
By JB in OC

2008 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started with a 4Runner in 1999 and was sold on Toyota quality. Later traded in for a GX470 and loved it even more due to the move to a V8 which the 4Runner then didn't offer. Left Toyota for a GMC Denali, too big and poorly crafted, but looked great on 24"s. Bought wife a MB GL470 and love it, and thought of buying another for myself until I found out the LX570 was available. By far the best thing out there. The Range Rover is close, but the quality and ride outshine the RR all day. The RR gets you Valet credits here in the OC, but the car is for me, not them...and the LX570 does not ever dissapoint. Power 3rd row was a very nice improvement. Air suspension and towing is top notch!!!

Favorite Features

Big navigation is amazing with real-time traffic on screen. Sound system (19 speakers), easy-out feature that drops vehicle about 4-5 inches to help you get out. Interior is plush! Vented/heated seats, 3 ride modes, exterior cameras on front, rear and right side mirror for parking! Push-button start.

Suggested Improvements

Power 3rd row side vent windows or rear hatch window lowering for airflow.