2006 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Review: I liked my 2000 Lexus better

2006 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Review

2006 Lexus LX 470

I liked my 2000 Lexus better
By Henry Ferrino on

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After only three weeks and almost 4000 miles, I've developed a love/hate relationship with the vehicle. Lexus has seen fit to "refine" the ride of the vehicle by using Dunlop tires instead of the Michelins we all loved. This has created more body roll in turns than I find acceptable. Stiffer sidewalls were better. In an effort to keep us safe, Many functions are disabled while the car is in motion, such as Navigation System input. Also, when locking or unlocking you are subjected to that insidious "beep" that not even the dealer can eliminate. I think that Lexus has forgotten it's off-road roots and has created a not so special vehicle-for-the-money. I'd rather have an older model.

The 470's new horsepower is quite an improvement. Now they should replace the antiquated transmission with a "tiptronic" style as most other manufacturers have.

Change the transmission so you can downshift on the fly, and add a downhill speed limier for offroad use.Make the Nav System functional in all modes while driving. Go back to Michelin tires for better handling. Make the beep go away when locking/unlocking, it's an annoyance.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review