Used 2006 Lexus LX 470 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

So Nice!
By CarXpert

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As you probably know, lexus is a very nice make. The lexus lx is also the top of the line SUV. It was a great SUV for our family. At the time, we had a few other cars which were other lexus's including the LS. The LX was so nice to drive on the weekends, out to dinner, or when other people came to town!

Night vision, navigation system, entertainment center, bluetooth, fully loaded car!

I didn't like how the 3rd row of seats wasn't automatic. They were hard to take down and put up.

This is a great vehicle!
By Patricia Sacks

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my LX 470 since late March, 2007 and have driven SUVs exclusively for the last 10 years. While I've never paid close to what the LX 470 cost me, I must say it is worth it! A great ride. Excellent sound system. Incredible on road trips, but runs through $70 of gas more quickly than I'd like.

GPS system, seat comfort, quality of ride, openness of cabin.

Change the way you have to change radio channels. Find a way to use regular or 89 octane gas.

The Best of the Beasts
By L A G

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a luxury SUV. I test drove the RX 330 and the GX 470 but neither one has the comfort , the ride and the sheer power of this heavy SUV. I love the looks inside and outside. Several times a year I am on the road up and down I-95 and traveling at about 85 to 90 miles using the air condition and we get 20 to 21 mpg on an almost 6000 pound SUV.

The front seats are like a sofa, all the controls very well laid out . Love the load leveling easy for my wife to get in and out.

I would like Lexus to have the Daytime Running Lights with a manual OFF and ON. Parking sensors front and back. Perhaps like the LS4 30 sedan the cushion extension, turn signal on the outside mirrors.

Simply the Best
By carnutinca

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd LX 470 (1999) and my 5th Lexus model. I test drove and researched every competing model before I purchased this vehicle. Previous years owners will love the added horsepower. The quality and workmanship is superior to everything else available. I completely disagree with every complaint in the category - I don't think they understand the market. The one drawback is size. If you are looking for a larger SUV (Tahoe, Sub, etc.) the LX 470 will be too small for you. Also, for towing, I just purchased an 07 Escalade ESV. The LX470 is not large enough for towing but it's also way easier to park than larger SUVs.

Seats are exceptional, NAV system is cool, Levinson stereo sounds great

The usual: 330-380hp, LARGER MODEL, fold flat 3rd row seats, updated styling

Love this truck
By dn

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had the previous model - couldn't think of owning a different suv - from the stereo to the engine there is total reliability. I had a dvd system installed in the rear of the truck for my children and now its the best vehicle ever.

The reliability of Lexus outshines everything else.

Entertainment center in rear of vehicle, maybe cold storage in dash area,