2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus Lx-470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

2006 LX 470 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
So Nice!
By CarXpert

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As you probably know, lexus is a very nice make. The lexus lx is also the top of the line SUV. It was a great SUV for our family. At the time, we had a few other cars which were other lexus's including the LS. The LX was so nice to drive on the weekends, out to dinner, or when other people came to town!

Favorite Features

Night vision, navigation system, entertainment center, bluetooth, fully loaded car!

Suggested Improvements

I didn't like how the 3rd row of seats wasn't automatic. They were hard to take down and put up.

This is a great vehicle!
By Patricia Sacks

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my LX 470 since late March, 2007 and have driven SUVs exclusively for the last 10 years. While I've never paid close to what the LX 470 cost me, I must say it is worth it! A great ride. Excellent sound system. Incredible on road trips, but runs through $70 of gas more quickly than I'd like.

Favorite Features

GPS system, seat comfort, quality of ride, openness of cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Change the way you have to change radio channels. Find a way to use regular or 89 octane gas.

The Best of the Beasts
By L A G

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a luxury SUV. I test drove the RX 330 and the GX 470 but neither one has the comfort , the ride and the sheer power of this heavy SUV. I love the looks inside and outside. Several times a year I am on the road up and down I-95 and traveling at about 85 to 90 miles using the air condition and we get 20 to 21 mpg on an almost 6000 pound SUV.

Favorite Features

The front seats are like a sofa, all the controls very well laid out . Love the load leveling easy for my wife to get in and out.

Suggested Improvements

I would like Lexus to have the Daytime Running Lights with a manual OFF and ON. Parking sensors front and back. Perhaps like the LS4 30 sedan the cushion extension, turn signal on the outside mirrors.

Simply the Best
By carnutinca

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd LX 470 (1999) and my 5th Lexus model. I test drove and researched every competing model before I purchased this vehicle. Previous years owners will love the added horsepower. The quality and workmanship is superior to everything else available. I completely disagree with every complaint in the category - I don't think they understand the market. The one drawback is size. If you are looking for a larger SUV (Tahoe, Sub, etc.) the LX 470 will be too small for you. Also, for towing, I just purchased an 07 Escalade ESV. The LX470 is not large enough for towing but it's also way easier to park than larger SUVs.

Favorite Features

Seats are exceptional, NAV system is cool, Levinson stereo sounds great

Suggested Improvements

The usual: 330-380hp, LARGER MODEL, fold flat 3rd row seats, updated styling

Love this truck
By dn

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had the previous model - couldn't think of owning a different suv - from the stereo to the engine there is total reliability. I had a dvd system installed in the rear of the truck for my children and now its the best vehicle ever.

Favorite Features

The reliability of Lexus outshines everything else.

Suggested Improvements

Entertainment center in rear of vehicle, maybe cold storage in dash area,

Lexus LX 470
By kmeyer

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Open your wallets for this gas guzzler! Too many electronics - takes some time to learn and get used to. Love the navigation and stereo. The sunroof is very loud when opened, but all in all it's a beautiful vehicle inside and out!

Favorite Features

Navigation, stereo, 4 wheel drive all the time. Camera in back of vehicle when reversing,

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof very noisy when opened, buttons for radio should be on right side instead of left.

I liked my 2000 Lexus better
By Henry Ferrino

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After only three weeks and almost 4000 miles, I've developed a love/hate relationship with the vehicle. Lexus has seen fit to "refine" the ride of the vehicle by using Dunlop tires instead of the Michelins we all loved. This has created more body roll in turns than I find acceptable. Stiffer sidewalls were better. In an effort to keep us safe, Many functions are disabled while the car is in motion, such as Navigation System input. Also, when locking or unlocking you are subjected to that insidious "beep" that not even the dealer can eliminate. I think that Lexus has forgotten it's off-road roots and has created a not so special vehicle-for-the-money. I'd rather have an older model.

Favorite Features

The 470's new horsepower is quite an improvement. Now they should replace the antiquated transmission with a "tiptronic" style as most other manufacturers have.

Suggested Improvements

Change the transmission so you can downshift on the fly, and add a downhill speed limier for offroad use.Make the Nav System functional in all modes while driving. Go back to Michelin tires for better handling. Make the beep go away when locking/unlocking, it's an annoyance.

Definitely worth the extra dollars!
By TonyG5003

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had both a 2001 and a 2003 Landcruiser. I upgraded to the Lexus after a lot of research and thought. Boy... I'm glad I did. The difference in price between the LC and Lexus is well worth it; the interior finish is better and the ride absolutely superb. With the new engine, there is also a marked improvement in power and smoothness when shifing and passing other vehicles. I also LOVE the Bluetooth phone integration and pre-installed XM Radio.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of ride, extremely quiet interior, pre-installed Bluetooth and XM.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage perhaps.... but as a two time Toyota Landcruiser owner, I'm used to it.

Mountain Gem
By amr001

2006 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lexus continues to impress with outstanding quality and luxury performance. The Land Cruiser base is solid as ever and delivers rugged reliability topped off with Lexus comfort.

Favorite Features

The automatic external smog / exhaust sensor that switches the A/C between inside and outside air is a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

A swing out / swing down lower tailgate would improve cargo access.

Great car
By jake

very luxerious, great vehicle, VERY SAFE

Favorite Features

The height control, Suspension adjustment, soft leather

Suggested Improvements

gets BAD gas mileage