2006 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )
So Nice!
By CarXpert on 05/30/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As you probably know, lexus is a very nice make. The lexus lx is also the top of the line SUV. It was a great SUV for our family. At the time, we had a few other cars which were other lexus's including the LS. The LX was so nice to drive on the weekends, out to dinner, or when other people came to town!

This is a great vehicle!
By Patricia Sacks on 08/31/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my LX 470 since late March, 2007 and have driven SUVs exclusively for the last 10 years. While I've never paid close to what the LX 470 cost me, I must say it is worth it! A great ride. Excellent sound system. Incredible on road trips, but runs through $70 of gas more quickly than I'd like.

The Best of the Beasts
By L A G on 12/13/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a luxury SUV. I test drove the RX 330 and the GX 470 but neither one has the comfort , the ride and the sheer power of this heavy SUV. I love the looks inside and outside. Several times a year I am on the road up and down I-95 and traveling at about 85 to 90 miles using the air condition and we get 20 to 21 mpg on an almost 6000 pound SUV.

Simply the Best
By carnutinca on 06/10/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd LX 470 (1999) and my 5th Lexus model. I test drove and researched every competing model before I purchased this vehicle. Previous years owners will love the added horsepower. The quality and workmanship is superior to everything else available. I completely disagree with every complaint in the category - I don't think they understand the market. The one drawback is size. If you are looking for a larger SUV (Tahoe, Sub, etc.) the LX 470 will be too small for you. Also, for towing, I just purchased an 07 Escalade ESV. The LX470 is not large enough for towing but it's also way easier to park than larger SUVs.

Love this truck
By dn on 04/22/06 06:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had the previous model - couldn't think of owning a different suv - from the stereo to the engine there is total reliability. I had a dvd system installed in the rear of the truck for my children and now its the best vehicle ever.

Lexus LX 470
By kmeyer on 03/10/06 06:09 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Open your wallets for this gas guzzler! Too many electronics - takes some time to learn and get used to. Love the navigation and stereo. The sunroof is very loud when opened, but all in all it's a beautiful vehicle inside and out!

I liked my 2000 Lexus better
By Henry Ferrino on 09/05/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After only three weeks and almost 4000 miles, I've developed a love/hate relationship with the vehicle. Lexus has seen fit to "refine" the ride of the vehicle by using Dunlop tires instead of the Michelins we all loved. This has created more body roll in turns than I find acceptable. Stiffer sidewalls were better. In an effort to keep us safe, Many functions are disabled while the car is in motion, such as Navigation System input. Also, when locking or unlocking you are subjected to that insidious "beep" that not even the dealer can eliminate. I think that Lexus has forgotten it's off-road roots and has created a not so special vehicle-for-the-money. I'd rather have an older model.

Definitely worth the extra dollars!
By TonyG5003 on 08/15/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had both a 2001 and a 2003 Landcruiser. I upgraded to the Lexus after a lot of research and thought. Boy... I'm glad I did. The difference in price between the LC and Lexus is well worth it; the interior finish is better and the ride absolutely superb. With the new engine, there is also a marked improvement in power and smoothness when shifing and passing other vehicles. I also LOVE the Bluetooth phone integration and pre-installed XM Radio.

Mountain Gem
By amr001 on 07/27/05 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lexus continues to impress with outstanding quality and luxury performance. The Land Cruiser base is solid as ever and delivers rugged reliability topped off with Lexus comfort.

Great car
By jake on 07/09/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

very luxerious, great vehicle, VERY SAFE

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.