Used 2005 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Lx-470 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus LX 470

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Simply the Best, 2005 Lexus LX 470
By wlsn951

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My new LX470 is absolutely spectacular in ever way except fuel mileage. This is my second LX470, the first being a 2002. As delivered, from day one, there have been no problems what so ever. Nice to drive, great fit and finish, and impressive off road performance. What else can I say, it is a Lexus. Dave

Favorite Features

The Mark Levinson sound system is truly enchanting! Great ride, very comfortable to drive. Turns tight in parking lots and on back road trails.

Suggested Improvements

I wish my Lexus got better fuel mileage.

Unmatched luxury
By J-WEST

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great suv. It really shines in the snow, when everyone else is slipping and sliding I'm glued to the road with unmatched luxury. Plus it seems the gas mileage gets better over time. Also it's super quiet and refined. The only problem for those of you who like to get up and go is the horsepower, but thats all right.To sum it up: the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

Favorite Features

I love the height adjustable suspension, the rear entertainment system and real wood and leather for miles. Plus mine is fully customized with tv headrest 23 inch chrome rims, Presidential tinted windows. It's the best suv on the planet and the price was a bargain compared to Range Rover and G-Class.

Suggested Improvements

NONE. It's perfect in every way,

The Best SUV in the Market..3rd Purchase
By David

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Simply the best SUV Truck money can buy. I first purchased this truck in 1999 in white, again in 2003 in Galactic Gray, and now again in White Blizzard. Each time I reviewed all competitive models including Cadillac, Land Rover, Hummer, etc. and kept coming with the same conclusion: "This is simply the best designed, most comfortable, roomy, and best handling SUV in the market today!" I even got to Crash test the 2003 with a Snow Plow and while I did not win, the vehicle handled the impact better than any vehicle ever owned. I was safe and once repaired, it drove as well as before. The LX 470 is quiet, permitting total enjoyment over long highway rides, with the entire family in tow.

Favorite Features

Sound System, comfort controls, night vision, and overall handling is top features. Design is timeless and fit and finish is without equal. Cannot find better at any price. Service is also a big "10". In summary....I like all the features and find no flaws.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle is perfect. Other articles suggest the LX 470 could use more power but I have plenty of tickets from my Ferarri - so why bother. Might also improve on the back removeable row of seats - maybe they could stow in the floor like Ford vehicles.

excellent, the best car on the road
By cesar j orozco

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

SMOOTH, RELIABLE,ADEQUATE POWER, A BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE.I HATE TO SEE SOME PEOPLE COMPARING THIS VEHICLE WITH THOSE UNRELIABLE AMERICAN CARS LIKE YUKON,OR A IMITATION CAR LIKE KIA, PLEASE BE HONEST AND TELL CONSUMERS THE REAL FACTS, LEXUS IS BY FAR THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD...PERIOD...

Favorite Features

FULLTIME AN ON DEMAND 4 WHEEL DRIVE, AN EXELLENT SMOOTH RIDE,GOOD DRIVING VIEW

Suggested Improvements

BETTER GAS MILEAGE

great SUV
By JMACK

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The most comfortable SUV I have ever driven. Quality is beyond reproach. Buy one if you can afford it!

Favorite Features

Stereo System.

Suggested Improvements

Make the GPS easier to use and enter info