2005 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
Simply the Best, 2005 Lexus LX 470
By wlsn951 on 04/02/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My new LX470 is absolutely spectacular in ever way except fuel mileage. This is my second LX470, the first being a 2002. As delivered, from day one, there have been no problems what so ever. Nice to drive, great fit and finish, and impressive off road performance. What else can I say, it is a Lexus. Dave

Unmatched luxury
By J-WEST on 02/08/05 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great suv. It really shines in the snow, when everyone else is slipping and sliding I'm glued to the road with unmatched luxury. Plus it seems the gas mileage gets better over time. Also it's super quiet and refined. The only problem for those of you who like to get up and go is the horsepower, but thats all right.To sum it up: the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

The Best SUV in the Market..3rd Purchase
By David on 01/06/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Simply the best SUV Truck money can buy. I first purchased this truck in 1999 in white, again in 2003 in Galactic Gray, and now again in White Blizzard. Each time I reviewed all competitive models including Cadillac, Land Rover, Hummer, etc. and kept coming with the same conclusion: "This is simply the best designed, most comfortable, roomy, and best handling SUV in the market today!" I even got to Crash test the 2003 with a Snow Plow and while I did not win, the vehicle handled the impact better than any vehicle ever owned. I was safe and once repaired, it drove as well as before. The LX 470 is quiet, permitting total enjoyment over long highway rides, with the entire family in tow.

excellent, the best car on the road
By cesar j orozco on 12/30/04 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

SMOOTH, RELIABLE,ADEQUATE POWER, A BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE.I HATE TO SEE SOME PEOPLE COMPARING THIS VEHICLE WITH THOSE UNRELIABLE AMERICAN CARS LIKE YUKON,OR A IMITATION CAR LIKE KIA, PLEASE BE HONEST AND TELL CONSUMERS THE REAL FACTS, LEXUS IS BY FAR THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD...PERIOD...

great SUV
By JMACK on 11/14/04 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The most comfortable SUV I have ever driven. Quality is beyond reproach. Buy one if you can afford it!

Lexus 470 2005
By brddog-pheasant on 11/13/04 10:04 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 8th SUV over $50,000 and my 1st Lexus. It is so much nicer than any of other vehicle I have driven in this class. I actually look forward to being in this vehicle.

lx is best
By ttry on 11/07/04 21:33 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

best suv in world. service is a lot better than toyota

Lexus LX470
By jayewe on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I write with 3000 miles and 3 months of use-experience, both in town and highway. It handles well, parks easily, has all the power I could want, and is easy to get in and out of, comfortable, and quiet. I've had zero problems. It's a bit boxy in exterior style. My other car is a 2004 Prius, at the other extreme of fuel efficiency, so I average about 30 mpg between the two -- (15 + 45)/2. A hybrid LX won't repeal the laws of physics, but recapturing some of the LX's kinetic energy could improve the numbers somewhat.

Great vehicle
By hkypuk10 on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best riding most comfortable SUV i have ever owned. I will never buy any other type of SUV than this one ..It beats all the competition in every category except mileage.. I have owned the rest and this is the best one!!!!!!!!!!

Worth the Money
By jl culberson on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus LX470 is worth every penny. Like the Landcrusier in looks ,but not ride. We have a Landcruiser as well and I have to say the Lexus rides so much smoother. There is also a difference in service when I take my car in for maintenance. Toyota has nothing on Lexus for their service department.This is a suv worth every penny..