LX 470 after 2500 miles
By rcf8000 on
2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
My wife and I just returned home after a 2000 mile vacation trip in our new LX. It doesn't handle, steer, or get gas mileage like a car, but we loved the smooth, quiet ride, and found the power to be more than adequate in most situations. The nav system was very useful, but it sometimes created routes that made no sense; maybe it is malfunctioning, or maybe we don't fully understand it. Any nav that needs a half inch thick instruction book should be designed to be more user friendly. But I'm hooked; I will have to have a nav system in any cars that I buy in the future.
Favorite Features
Wind noise at highway speeds is moderately high but not objectionable, and road noise is very low under all conditions. Other likes: the adjustable suspension, the luxurious interior, the refined drive train, and the Lexus dealer experience.
Suggested Improvements
The LX needs either better gas mileage or a larger gas tank; at least 30 gallons would be nice. It also should have an in-dash CD player and 3 zone climate control. The suspension should lower automatically when the transmission is put into park.