Used 2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Lx-470 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

Best SUV Ever
By VeroGuy

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Over 100,000 miles and not one issue. Plan to keep this vehicle for 20 years. Most comfortable feel and ride available.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability are the two most important things to me in owning this vehicle. I have had 4 Lexus's and love them all.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy would be a huge improvement. Maybe a hybrid in this vehicle is in the works?

Third Lexus LX470
By DentalVet

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third LX470, and it is fantastic. The ride is incredibly smooth and quiet, and the radio is exceptional. The NAV system is great.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are everything about this car. It's beautiful and it feels so safe.

Suggested Improvements

I would figure out a way to put the CD changer back into the dashboard. Change the location of the back airconditioner functions. The person in the second row has to constantly turn around to work the buttons. They should be more forward, for easier use. Gas mileage is bad.

Favorite Family Vacation ride
By J squryes

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drove 2300 miles over Xmas. this SUV kept everyone comfortable even after 15+ hour driving. Smooth, quiet and solid.

My lexus 407
By larry Sands

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 407 to drive from Florida to Wyoming and to drive the final 50 miles of poorly graded and sometimes impassable road. The last 10 miles was through mudslick downhills into mudholes of unknown depths and up 45 degree grades of eroded mud and rocks. We made it into one of the most remote ranches in Wyoming without any skids, slides or wheel spinning. The SUV was a muddy mess, but we were exhuberant. After driving back from Wyoming the 407 has led a much more sedate life as a semi-town car, but it's still fun to drive. Larry Sands. DeLand, Florida.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E
By Bammhump

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vechile. Drives beautifully. Will never buy any other brand SUV again. I will be a repeat customer for life and my family has tried them all We've owned jeeps, fords, gmcs, chevys, mercedes, bmws, vws, etc. Go lexus and never go back.

Favorite Features

Navigaton system and suspension

Suggested Improvements

none