Used 2004 Lexus LX 470 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )

wonderful
By jburke

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this suv is awesome. by far the best vehicle ive ever owned. navigator and escalade do not even compair. i highly recommend

interior, comfort, gps, mark lev intertainment system, great A/C

none

What a SUV
By Barry Williams

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a very large man and did not think that I would be able to really have the comfort I had in my Navagator.I was wrong. It has lots of room and there is good head room. It runs like a champ and the people at the dealership are just tops in all departments. The ony thing I would like a better number on is MPG and that is not real bad but it is just OK. I could not be more pleased and plan to always own a Lexus and it should be a LX470. :-)

The Sound system is out of this world, I just love it. I also love the AC system.

Better MPG

LX 470 after 2500 miles
By rcf8000

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just returned home after a 2000 mile vacation trip in our new LX. It doesn't handle, steer, or get gas mileage like a car, but we loved the smooth, quiet ride, and found the power to be more than adequate in most situations. The nav system was very useful, but it sometimes created routes that made no sense; maybe it is malfunctioning, or maybe we don't fully understand it. Any nav that needs a half inch thick instruction book should be designed to be more user friendly. But I'm hooked; I will have to have a nav system in any cars that I buy in the future.

Wind noise at highway speeds is moderately high but not objectionable, and road noise is very low under all conditions. Other likes: the adjustable suspension, the luxurious interior, the refined drive train, and the Lexus dealer experience.

The LX needs either better gas mileage or a larger gas tank; at least 30 gallons would be nice. It also should have an in-dash CD player and 3 zone climate control. The suspension should lower automatically when the transmission is put into park.

best
By lx470

best car in texas

nav system

none best in texas

A true Luxury Auto
By Caywood

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked and drove every SUV that was for sale. The LX470 was and is by far the top performance, easy to handle, comfortable,and beautiful auto I have ever owned. I was always a Mercedes person until I bought my Lexus. Wow what an Auto! If you have not Driven a Lexus you are missing an outstanding Car.

Comfort of the drive.

Loading the CD's for the DVD are in the back of the car. It is very hard to get to if you are traveling and are caring cargo in the back ot the car.