2004 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )
Great Ride
By Jan Fry on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We liked our 1999 LX470 so much that we replaced it (100,000 miles) with a new 2004 LX470. The vehicle was wonderful and we never had a mechanical problem. We're confident that we will have the same experience with our 2004 version. Not as pretty as the Range Rover...but very dependable and great in the snow & ice.

LX470 experience
By Ricardo Carter M.D on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THis is my 6th lx470. It is a wonderful vehicle to drive and the low hp240 is not a factor for every day driving. The comfort and the quality of the vehicle is great. Using the current gear shift system and taking off the overdrive on climbing hills or passing, you would'nt know it has a low hp. This is a luxury car ride in an SUV. If you are towing something the it may feel a little underpowered. How often does the average 470 owner have something in tow? You won't get me buying anything but a 470. An upgrade in the cargo space and hp will be great in the new model, but for now this baby is the cream of the crop.

excellent
By Grayson on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i own a new lexus lx470 and i have fallen i love with it. this car is great! it can take me anywhere i want to go. it does not have as much horse power as i would have wanted but the rest of the vehicle makes up for that. lexus' are very reliable and luxurious. i highly recommend this car.

The best buy LUV on the market
By Sam Miao on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the best SUV on the market regardless of price, plus the Lexus reputation for service and quality.

Lexus LX470
By Ming-Chieh Lee on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent performance especially in the snow.

LEXUS IS THE BEST
By EarthKarma on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the 5th Lexus we've purchased and it's wonderful. I just traded in my 1998 LX470 that had 100K on it, and never had any problems the entire time I owned it. I thought that care was so wonderful, and this one is even eons better. Smooth, quiet, great stereo, great nav system...doesn't get any better.

Luxury Utility Vehicle (LUV)
By piccolo on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is just superb. The exterior and interior designs are excellent. Comfortable seats with enough leg and head space for tall individuals. Acceleration is amazing for an SUV, better than some sedans. Fun and easy to drive. Excellent audio and navigation systems. This is my first Lexus, and I think now that Lexus is the top car maker.

Outstanding
By Love my LX470 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 2004 LX470 and it is wonderful. The ride is so smooth I feel like I am driving in a car. It is by far the best of all SUVs on the market. Total luxury!

the past in the present
By MITCHELL ROWE on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

the lx470 is a throwback in automotive times . from a real radio antenna to a muscle engine in peace + QUIET .

My Sixth SUV
By Dr. Mike Schuerman on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th SUV and the best thus far, including my 1999 Lincoln Navigator. There is little, if anything, that I do not like about this vehicle. Fun to drive and a pleasure to be in. The Lexus name tells it all, perfection, at it's best. The price is alittle higher than most, but you get just what you pay for with this beauty.