2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (65 reviews )
Good Choice!
By Bill nelson on 05/26/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

nice vehicle over all. For the consumer that requires "high end" luxury i.e Real Estate Brokers like my self, I find that my clientele gives exceptional feedback to the vehicle. Amenities are prevalent throughout. Regarding dependability I personally have had zero issues. Service the vehicle regularly and it should give 300k in mileage in the end. As a fast paced Realtor, dependability is key to my success. I'd highy recoment the LX 470 for those are accustomed to higher level of excellence.

Lexus LX 470
By Steve-0 on 06/10/05 01:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's slow--only 235HP--and prone to crosswinds on the highway. Plus the third seat is difficult to use and takes up lots of space, and my dealer in Boise is unimpressive. But the LX is very well built and has a comfortable interior...

Terrific SUV
By SMS on 01/10/05 23:07 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful build quality, excellent interior, and pillow-like ride. Could use more power, though. And it wanders more than it should on the highway.

Wonderful!
By Caroline Holmes on 12/29/04 20:53 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

thank you for sharing that!

WHAT'S A CAR WITHOUT SERVICE?
By Kim B on 11/16/04 23:09 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 470 May '04.By end of May went on first road trip and discovered door leaked and created an obnoxious squealing sound while traveling at high speed.Lexus dealership tried to fix twice then gave up and sent us to LEXUS USA.We have not gotten any support from them at all.They haven't addressed the problem. It's unbelievable how badly they have treated us. Our door still screams when we travel which is every other week. They have our 70K they win.Please don't buy Lexus.

Best Luxury SUV Ever Made
By davywoodruff on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

By far the best SUV ever made, especially if you care about luxury. Compared to my previous Range Rover (and even Landcruiser), the LX470 is simply amazing in its ability to deliver quiet, luxurious, reliable performance. It is also beautiful and stylish, despite being around since 1998. Off-road capability (if you dare) is astounding and as good as any stock 4x4 out there. On-road performance is sumptuous, smooth, quiet, relaxed. Driving the LX470 just makes you feel like the world is a more peaceful place. Security in snow and off-road is first-rate.

sweet car
By mark simon on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

great all around car

Lexus LX470
By mariediana on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only one negative comment - and that is the way the rear gate opens. It opens like a door instad of like a gate. When putting groceries in the back, I like to have the gate serve as a cover for me in the rain while I load groceries. I'm not a fan of the way this back gate is designed.

2004 LX 470
By Jerry in San Carlos on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall excellant vehicle.This vehicle does everything well.Materials and craftmanship are second to none.Ride is buttery smooth and very elegant.Mark levinson sound system rivals many home systems.The navigation system is very easy to use and is very detailed. The handsfree Bluetooth Phone system is excellant, every car should have this.Overall this car is highly recommended and would purchase again next time around.

470 Lx
By me2020 on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Wonderful to drive city and esp highway.