2003 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Review: X Land Cruiser Owner

2003 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Review

X Land Cruiser Owner
By stevet on

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As an avid Land Cruiser fan (7 yrs/2 vehicles) it was difficult to put out another $10K “for the same vehicle” but after a test drive and closer evaluation of the added features it was a no brainer (these are listed below in my perceived order of value). After 2 months I’m more convinced I made the right decision. The ability to lower the vehicle has eliminated my wife “hopping” in and out and has proved to be quite useful in parking. Not only is there practically non existent road noise there is also the absence of traffic “fumes” thanks to the air quality sensor tied to external/internal air flow control. I strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

Quiet, adjustable height, air quality sensor (auto internal/external air), rain sensor wipers, warranties, wood trim, auto dim/heated/power retractable mirrors, Lexus instruments, 2 driver memory for seat/mirrors/steering whl, 3rd row seat manuverability, rear side airbags

Suggested Improvements

There is no easy place to store coins, improved driver storage (6 disc changer in center console takes up too much space), make fewer vehicles with Lexus Link (In order to get a vehicle in a respectable amount of time I needed to have this feature, don't see the cost value)