2003 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
Solid, dependable, still garnishes status
By tpa33 on 12/10/13 09:21 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a technician and I know build quality. You will not find this level of precision or quality with any other vehicle with full time 4 wheel drive and true transfer case. Bought used only because its virtually still new and we should all expect 350,000 miles of hard or pampered use from the LX470/Land cruisers.

Excellent
By Tom on 04/29/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding vehicle. If you can afford it and want an SUV, look no further. My LX 470 has 80,000 miles on it and it rides as nice as it did when I bought it. Reliability, comfort and quality are super, not one rattle or vibration after the 6 years I have owned the vehicle. Probably built too well as there is no reason to get rid of it even after 6 years. I plan on keeping it for a long time and putting many more miles on it. Performs flawlessly in the snow as I can go anywhere. Had to get to navigate on a steep, closed road one snowy day. No problem at all in this vehicle. Just a great vehicle.

My 2003 Lexus LX 470
By j smith on 10/01/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am on the road a lot and carry 400-500 lbs. in the back. I have just turned 200,000 miles and my only expense beside maintenance was a wheel bearing. I could never say this about any other car I have driven.

Best SUV on the road
By mike on 08/14/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ride is superior, never had a mechanical problem. Quiet... this is my second 470lx and I probably will buy a third.

LX-470 is a sweet ride
By Mark3101 on 07/25/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very smooth and the 5 speed transmission is better than the old 4 speed I had in my 2000. The interior upgrades are nice as is the adaptive steering. The 2003 is also quieter than the previous models. Gas mileage is not bad, but should be better. Otherwise a great vehicle for driving in all conditions.

Top Dog
By DrMike on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many SUV's over the past 10 years, but never one that was "all-in- one." This LUV (luxury utility vehicle) is the BEST of everything that I have ever wanted and enjoyed. This LUV makes me "want" to drive, even on the busiest roadways. The quality speaks volumes for the name Lexus. This is The Vehicle that you can be comfortable taking ANYWHERE, the Country Club or camping or just kicking back for a cruise on the road.

Whatelse can you say
By mad99 on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just picked up used 2003 LX470 and what can I say. It is the greatest SUV, I was looking to buy the GX470 but with the many complaints about the GX I was able to find used LX470 for the same price of a new GX.

Love My LEXIE
By Caroline913 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great SUV, fun to drive and I feel very safe on the highway. I love all the toys and the interior is so classy. I've owned other SUVs, but this time I've found a gem.

Luxury and Refinement Like Never Before
By SuPeRtOfFeE on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV, by far, is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It has everything you need to live large: Navigation, Night View, Adjustable Suspension, etc. The ride quality is by far the best I have ever experienced. It's way better than my MB S500. I also enjoy this SUV's creature comforts such as the adjustable suspension. You just push a button and the car automatically lowers about four inches from normal height. The most important part of this vehicle is that it is built by Lexus, a company that promises impeccable service at the dealership and a vehicle that will provide you with trouble-free maintenance for many years.

I love my LX 470
By olihs on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second one I have had, and I feel very safe with my selection. I will continue to buy the LX 470 in the future.

1 2 3 4 5 next »