More than I needed - but dependable
By Justin on
2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
Bought the car 4 years ago because we thought we would be going into the woods and hauling. Well we never did either, although we live in Chicago so it's nice in the snow. Everything about the car is great, the ride, interior, dependability, lost cost of ownership, except for gas. So my biggest complaint is MPG. I get 13-15 in suburban driving and 15-16 on the highway. For this size car there other options that get 20+ MPG such as the Honda passport. No serious mechanical issues, in fact no minor mechanical issues except a leaky CV boot, which is good since I bought it used. Height/level adjustment is nice but unnecessary unless you are towing. I recommend for people towing/traveling.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable ride, if desired, can be switched to a more firm ride with the turn of the dial. Oil takes 8+ quarts which is great for reliability. Front seats are very comfortable, backs are OK. Most favorite feature dependability, this thing is built well. Some things go too far like belt driven fan.
Suggested Improvements
Seems prone to corrosion. Many rust "stains" showing up. Needs to be more fuel efficient. Navigation map upgrade is way too expensive, $250, needs to be made cheaper, but can be found on bit torrent. Would like to be able to lower the height while on highway to improve fuel efficiency.