2002 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
More than I needed - but dependable
By Justin on 03/14/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car 4 years ago because we thought we would be going into the woods and hauling. Well we never did either, although we live in Chicago so it's nice in the snow. Everything about the car is great, the ride, interior, dependability, lost cost of ownership, except for gas. So my biggest complaint is MPG. I get 13-15 in suburban driving and 15-16 on the highway. For this size car there other options that get 20+ MPG such as the Honda passport. No serious mechanical issues, in fact no minor mechanical issues except a leaky CV boot, which is good since I bought it used. Height/level adjustment is nice but unnecessary unless you are towing. I recommend for people towing/traveling.

Best vehicle on planet
By ubet on 10/02/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is comfortable, smart, and capable. No other car in the world has this quality. No other car in the world has this capability combined with such luxury. I feel on top of the world behind the wheel, and can only think of getting another one for my wife.

Lexus
By Connor Mulvey on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV rides unbelievable,it is the most comfortable automobile I have been in.

Awesome LX470
By mej on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

By far, this is the ultimate SUV. Nothing else compares with the quality and features.

Repeat owner
By MFF on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We love this vehicle, in fact it is our second one!

This review for 2001 -- Still has bugs
By RL3 on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 LX470 with several problems. It always pulled to one side or the other (steering wheel never centered correctly) on highway; emergency brake cable rattled near/at right rear wheel; tilt/telescope motors went out several times. Lexus never could fix either problem; took back under lemon law. I bought a 2001 just like it hoping they would have fixed problems. New 2001 pulls to left at highway speeds; same emergency brake cable rattle at right rear wheel; tilt/telescope motors already replaced once; transfer case replaced (vibration); Several rattles interior. Very disappointing to have basically same problems on same vehicle 3 model years later.

Lexus LX 470
By jonochi on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

with the 2002 lexus lx 470's navigation system being lost will be a thing of the past! I love my lx. so far, i have taken it on 15 road trips and it is still running great! service is great. they come to your house and service it for you in less than an hour. interior designn is superior to all other luxury vechiles. I love my lexus LX 470!

It doesn't get better than this
By rxpc on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the ultimate SUV on the planet. It has all the bells and whistles, has Lexus reliability and build quality, and styling that is unmatched by any of its competitors. It's one of those few vehicles on the road that tells the world, "you've arrived."

Not quite worth the money.
By Joshua on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Its far to large. No reason for it to be made. Horrible fuel mielage. Not great looking. High price for not such a great vehicle. Horrible engine.... Much to slow, no power at all.

LX470
By ccano on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus LX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bar none, the best SUV on the market right now.