2000 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Review: Best Rig on the Road for the N

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Review

Best Rig on the Road for the NW
By Doug in Portland on

2000 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I've had my Lexus for 4 years. Its my favorite vehicle I have ever owned out nine. I feel safe, secluded, pampered, yet enjoy the capability in the snow and off road of the NW. I put 295/75/16 BFG All Terrains on it, and it looks sweet. I will probably never sell it, as it has everything I need and like. A heated seats, a center locking diff, suspension adjustment, sunroof, killer stereo, etc. The size is perfect too, such that you can park it with ease unlike a Suburban, Escalade, or Sequoia. And it fits in the garage with room to walk around it. The new one looks great, but until they make it with 25 -30 mpg there is no reason to upgrade. Buy a 99-02 model and you'll be happy.

Heated seats, elevated driving position, AWD with center locking diff, lots of suspension travel, comfy seats, 2nd row leg room, vehicle proportions (tall but not too long), therefore the headroom is awesome being 6'5"

Brake wear is tough on any heavy vehicle, especially living in the hills. Maybe a better compound pad? and rotors that don't glaze up somehow?