Used 2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

336000 miles no problems, yet.
By Jaylan Gupta

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

The only thing about this car i dont like about this car is the MPG i get around 10, however that is after 16 years and 336000 miles.

Super
By Calvin Hall

Dependability
Well maintained

Passionate pursuit of imperfection
By amanthin

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Had this SUV for a long time now, and the quality of the vehicle is terrible. Too many issues and too many costly repairs. I have under 100k miles on this.
Issues:
1 CD.. Disks get stuck in the player
2 Ignition went out, and it cost me $1200 (non-dealership) to fix it. I was told that Lexus placed the starter in such a position that it takes a min of 4 hrs to replace. A similar replacement on American cars take less than 1hr.
3. The Antenna doesn't go down. Didn't fix this.
4. Shock are leaking oil and needed replacement. $2500
5. Recently the ignition switch actually broken when turning the key. What a crappy engineering using cheap metals. $1200. The dealer says it is normal.

Rides well as long as you don't have issues.

Improve Quality and stop using cheap materials. For all others... Please stay away from Lexus. At least American cars are cheaper to fix.

Best so Far
By Scott

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Have owned my 2000 LX470 (90,000 miles) for almost a month. It has been the best car I have ever owned by a long shot. The ride and handling are top notch. Not quite as fast as my Denali, but very smooth. It will climb over just about anything too, but you hate to take it off road because it's too good looking to take a chance on scratching it. My only complaints so far is the tiny plastic cover that covers the little window that displays the time and temperature is coming off. Also my moon roof may have a short in it as it takes several tries to get it closed. It also has more buttons in it than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Be prepared to read the owners manual.

Ride and handling

Bigger side view mirrors and I never did like the third row set up. The seats are in the way and it looks bad.

Wow
By william45

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

After owning a Tahoe, Expedition and Denali I finally bought a 2000 Lexus LX470 with 90,000 miles. It was the only one I could find in my price range. I have only had it a month but it is easily the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. It has more buttons than a NASA spacecraft, but I think I finally have most of them figured out. It is not as quick as my Denali was, but as far as build quality, ride, comfort, and looks, it's hard to beat. I'm hoping that it can go another 90,000 if I take care of it.

Looks, ride, and quietness.

Never was crazy about the position of those back jump seats. Seems that only the Expedition got it right when making a folding third row.