1999 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Review: A near perfect vehicle

1999 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Review

A near perfect vehicle
By John on

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

In my 50 years of owning and driving vehicles, this one is my favorite. It's also been the most reliable and trouble free and the dealership has been a pleasure with the routine upkeep of the vehicle. This is truly a "turn-key" situation, just turn it on and go, in comfort and style. This is also the first vehicle I've ever owned for 200,000 miles. And they've been virtually trouble free.

The hydraulic leveling and adjustable suspension system are one of our favorites. The lowering feature for easy access is a big hit we use at almost every stop. We also enjoy that it's built like a tank underneath. It can really take a beating and keep right on ticking.

More than anything else, I'd love to have decent fuel mileage. There are vehicles that are faster, bigger and more powerful that still get significantly better mileage. I would suggest that a disabling option of the full time four wheel drive feature might help with mileage.